A fundamental daily force against oxidative stress, water loss and the look of inflammation, all of which contribute to loss of visible skin quality over time.
SDSM2 introduces two additional features to the formula: 1) a more potent form of Superoxide Dismutase derived from yeast originally isolated from grape skin with an extremely high activity of up to 55000 pyrogallol autoxidation inhibitor units per ml and 2) a purified, ph-balanced extract of malachite rock, or copper carbonate hydroxide mineral, which offers additional direct scavenging of the superoxide radical. The new yeast source of SOD also has further advantage of higher colour stability than before which, complemented by the naturally turquoise colour of malachite, renders the colour of SDSM2 brighter yet more saturated.
The technologies in SDSM2 are:
- Yeast-Derived Superoxide Dismutase (SOD): Superoxide is the main reactive oxygen species in each cell and SOD is the body's natural way of out-competing the ongoing and very damaging effect of superoxide in cells. Arguably, SOD is the most important force against oxidation in the human body.
- Purified North American Four O' Clock Flower: A studied bio-derivative of this Aztec plant helps reduce the look of inflammation.
- Marine Exopolysaccharides: Derived entirely through fermentation processes, this sustainably-sourced marine polysaccharide is able to preserve water significantly more than the highest molecular sizes of hyaluronic acid, without any of the drawbacks associated with topical application of such higher weights. This ability prevents water loss even in extreme cases (measured under severely cold temperatures (-20 C) where this polysaccharide increased water preservation by 60%–and in comparison, high-molecular weight HA increased preservation by only 11%). With continued use, the longer-term benefits of preserving hydration are far beyond just hydration itself; however, from a more immediate perspective, this technology increases skin hydration by more than 35% and measurably reduces the look of roughness within 2 hours.
- Malachite Rock Extract: This highly-purified, ph-balanced extract of malachite rock, or copper carbonate hydroxide mineral, offers additional direct scavenging of the superoxide radical. It also offers very high potency against oxidative stressors through multiple pathways. SDSM2 owes its more pronounced turquoise colour to the extract of this naturally-copper-rich rock.
pH 6.00-7.00 | ALCOHOL-FREE | SILICONE-FREE | NUT-FREE | VEGAN | GLUTEN-FREE | CRUELTY-FREE
HOW TO USE: Apply morning and evening to face and neck after cleaning before application of other treatments. If used as part of a NIOD regimen, apply after LVCE and/or SS, but before CAIS. Can be used on body areas if desired to improve water density and/or target oxidative stressors. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Keep out of reach of children.
The large 240ml mist format allows for generous and frequent application to the face and the body as desired.
ABOUT THE BRAND: NIOD (Non Invasive Options in Dermal Science) is the newest next-gen beauty brand focusing on skin integrity and health. The high tech products are based on scientifically proven results and use the latest technologies to benefit your skin. NIOD offers a variety of products, which can be used individually or as a full routine for achieving optimum results. Created by DECIEM; a humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands like NIOD, Hylamide, and The Ordinary. They've been called every good and bad thing you can think of like “The most thrilling thing to happen to skincare” and “The hottest beauty company right now”.
Aqua (Water), Superoxide Dismutase, Malachite Extract, Pseudoalteromonas Exopolysaccharides, Mirabilis Jalapa Extract, Polypodium Vulgare Rhizome Extract, Cetraria Islandica Thallus Extract, Sphagnum Magellanicum Extract, Arginine, Propanediol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Salicylate, Gellan Gum, Sodium Chloride, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Tromethamine, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
FREE SHIPPING IN CANADA & USA OVER $75*
VIEW ALL SHIPPING RATES >
We know how much you love unboxing your Socialite Beauty hauls, so we’re working hard to make sure that your orders are dispatched as soon as possible! You will receive a shipping confirmation and your tracking number by email once your package has shipped. If we encounter any problems with your order we will be in touch.
- Shipping quoted as business days, Monday through Friday.
- Excluding taxes, duties, and other shipping fees.
- Free shipping codes cannot be combined with discount coupon codes, reward points, or free gifts. Only one coupon code can be used per order.
- If you order more than one item, and one or more of your items are backordered, your item(s) will be held until your backordered item(s) become available unless your order is over $200. We will let you know via email about any backorders.
- We are happy to send our products to our international customers, but please note there may be taxes or customs duties/import fees charged by your country that we do not take responsibility for. International orders are subject to customs clearance delays.
Returns & Exchanges
Once products leave the Socialite Beauty warehouse, all sales become final. Many products do not come with sanitary seals making it unsafe to put them back on the shelves. We want you as our customer to feel secure you're getting brand new, unused products from us. Because skin can take some time to adjust to new products as well as to detox from any changes, it is best to allow 2-3 weeks of use to see how your skin truly takes on new items. Sometimes a few uses alone is simply not enough time to let the new products get to work. If your product does have a seal and you would like to return it, please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased (email@example.com) and include images of the sealed product. Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a refund minus return shipping cost.
Please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased at firstname.lastname@example.org.Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a Socialite Beauty Gift Card.
I want to say I don't make large purchases anymore but this is hands down the best splurge ever.
Really helps with maintaining skin hydration
Really refreshing, I use 2x daily on my dry skin to refresh or after cleansing and before moisturizer.
Beautiful for the skin!
Having been using it for 3 months and have seen a real difference in skin texture.
Nice, light and refreshing. Gets the skin ready nicely for other products.
After cleansing and prior to applying any other product