Charcoal Deodorant - Black Oak And Bourbon
While sipping a dark spirited bourbon on the rocks in a dimly lit, oak-cladded lounge in Manhattan, the sensual aroma of black oak fills the air. The perfect blend of masculine sophistication with timeless notes of rich oak and orange peel.
This deodorant is formulated with activated charcoal which acts like a magnet to draw out toxins from your pores, while also fighting odor-causing bacteria. Our easy glide formulation dries to a clear powder finish.
Antiperspirants block the sweat glands, thereby preventing you from sweating. With natural deodorant, your underarms are free to breathe.
The body goes through a detox phase when transitioning from an antiperspirant to a natural deodorant. We found that the average consumer takes 2-4 weeks to fully transition, therefore we broke down the detox journey to a step-by-step process that you may experience. (see stages of detox) After you transition, use as a daily deodorant + detox to keep you fresh and odor free longer.
NATURAL | VEGAN | CRUELTY-FREE | NO BAKING SODA | NO PARABENS | NO ALUMINUM | NO PROPYLENE GLYCOL | NO SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES
STAGES OF DETOX: A 2 to 4 week transition period can be expected when transitioning from antiperspirant to natural deodorant. Studies show that antiperspirant users experienced an increase in odorous bacteria in the underarm area when they stop using antiperspirant.
NOTE: Each stage of the detox may vary depending on your body chemistry.
- WEEK 1: Our activated charcoal formula pulls toxins from your pores and helps to neutralize odor.
- PRO TIP: If you suffer from excessive body odor, use the underarm bar to eliminate odor-causing bacteria on your skin BEFORE applying natural deodorant.
- WEEK 2: Once you stop using antiperspirant and switch to natural deodorant, you will experience an increase growth of odor-causing bacteria in the underarm area. You may also feel additional moisture, which is temporary.
- WEEK 3: Bacteria levels may begin to subside. Underarm moisture levels normalize and the amount of odorous bacteria will begin to decline.
- WEEK 4: Your body should have fully adjusted to natural deodorant. Continue to use the takesumi detox as a daily deodorant. Our charcoal formula will continue to detox and deodorize.
The charcoal is grey, will it stain my clothing?
Although it is grey, it goes on clear. There will be no white marks or yellow stains (which are caused by aluminum) as it is aluminum-free.
Will I still sweat while using the takesumi detox?
The takesumi detox is a deodorant that will help keep odor away; however, it cannot stop sweating as aluminum does (as it clogs the pores to prevent the natural process of sweating). Noticing a temporary excess of perspiration and odor is normal since your body needs time to rebalance to start working normally again.
How long does the odor control last?
The takesumi detox charcoal deodorant fights odor causing bacteria for up to 12 hours.
I’m a super smelly person what can I do?
If you are needing extra odor protection while transitioning or for those intense workout days, use the takesumi detox underarm bar to give yourself an extra protective barrier from odor causing bacteria.
Is this deodorant only used as a detox?
It starts off as a detox but after you transition, use as a daily deodorant.Continue to use the takesumi detox charcoal deodorant after you have fully transitioned, to continue allowing toxins and bacteria to not build up under your underarms. For extra protection, use the takesumi detox underarm bar on your smelly parts.
Is this safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
Yes! We take pride in having clean and natural ingredients in all of our products. Our the takesumi detox charcoal deodorant is safe for all women breastfeeding and pregnant as it is free of all harmful chemicals that would otherwise, absorb into your underarms.
ABOUT THE BRAND: Kaia Naturals products are targeting the beauty products with the highest toxic impact, they formulate clean alternatives that are luxurious, high performance and cruelty-free. Every scent used in these products is specially formulated by a perfumer. They follow the standards for natural scents set by The International Fragrance Association (IFRA).
Aqua, Propanediol, Glycerin, Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) Root Powder, Sodium Stearate, Silica, Saccharomyces Ferment, Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Bark Oil, Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss) Extract, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Magnesium Hydroxide, Carbo Activatus (Activated Charcoal).
FREE SHIPPING IN CANADA & USA OVER $75*
VIEW ALL SHIPPING RATES >
We know how much you love unboxing your Socialite Beauty hauls, so we’re working hard to make sure that your orders are dispatched as soon as possible! You will receive a shipping confirmation and your tracking number by email once your package has shipped. If we encounter any problems with your order we will be in touch.
- Shipping quoted as business days, Monday through Friday.
- Excluding taxes, duties, and other shipping fees.
- Free shipping codes cannot be combined with discount coupon codes, reward points, or free gifts. Only one coupon code can be used per order.
- If you order more than one item, and one or more of your items are backordered, your item(s) will be held until your backordered item(s) become available unless your order is over $200. We will let you know via email about any backorders.
- We are happy to send our products to our international customers, but please note there may be taxes or customs duties/import fees charged by your country that we do not take responsibility for. International orders are subject to customs clearance delays.
Returns & Exchanges
Once products leave the Socialite Beauty warehouse, all sales become final. Many products do not come with sanitary seals making it unsafe to put them back on the shelves. We want you as our customer to feel secure you're getting brand new, unused products from us. Because skin can take some time to adjust to new products as well as to detox from any changes, it is best to allow 2-3 weeks of use to see how your skin truly takes on new items. Sometimes a few uses alone is simply not enough time to let the new products get to work. If your product does have a seal and you would like to return it, please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include images of the sealed product. Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a refund minus return shipping cost.
Please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased at email@example.com.Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a Socialite Beauty Gift Card.
Smells good, but doesn't last
I got the small sample size of this because I have had bad experiences with deodorants like these. I'm glad I did, because this deodorant didn't last long on me. I'm not a particularly smelly person. Most regular deodorants last 24+hours on me without a reapply. This one I had to reapply 3 times a day. I suspected a little maintenance with a more natural deodorant, but 3 times a day is a bit excessive for me. The smell was very nice, very herbal and musky ("manly" if you will).