Laying on a hammock on a sunny afternoon in July, the calming scent of fresh cut mint from the garden fills the air. Sipping a sparkling glass of water with a squeeze of lime you feel at ease.
Kaia Naturals have formulated their deodorants with activated charcoal as it acts like a magnet to draw out toxins from your pores, while also fighting odor-causing bacteria. This easy glide formulation dries to a clear powder finish.
Antiperspirants block the sweat glands, thereby preventing you from sweating. With natural deodorant, your underarms are free to breathe.
The body goes through a detox phase when transitioning from an antiperspirant to a natural deodorant. We found that the average consumer takes 2-4 weeks to fully transition, therefore we broke down the detox journey to a step-by-step process that you may experience. (see stages of detox) After you transition, use as a daily deodorant + detox to keep you fresh and odor free longer.
Artisanally-blended essential oils created by a renowned perfumer.
- With a combination of activated charcoal and natural fermentation technology which fights odor-causing bacteria, you will stay odor free all day.
- Activated charcoal has a porous surface that acts like a magnet, which chemically binds substances, such as bacteria and toxins to draw them out.
NATURAL | VEGAN | CRUELTY-FREE | NO BAKING SODA | NO PARABENS | NO ALUMINUM | NO PROPYLENE GLYCOL | NO SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES
STAGES OF DETOX: A 2 to 4 week transition period can be expected when transitioning from antiperspirant to natural deodorant. Studies show that antiperspirant users experienced an increase in odorous bacteria in the underarm area when they stop using antiperspirant.
NOTE: Each stage of the detox may vary depending on your body chemistry.
- WEEK 1: Our activated charcoal formula pulls toxins from your pores and helps to neutralize odor.
- PRO TIP: If you suffer from excessive body odor, use the underarm bar to eliminate odor-causing bacteria on your skin BEFORE applying natural deodorant.
- WEEK 2: Once you stop using antiperspirant and switch to natural deodorant, you will experience an increase growth of odor-causing bacteria in the underarm area. You may also feel additional moisture, which is temporary.
- WEEK 3: Bacteria levels may begin to subside. Underarm moisture levels normalize and the amount of odorous bacteria will begin to decline.
- WEEK 4: Your body should have fully adjusted to natural deodorant. Continue to use the takesumi detox as a daily deodorant. Our charcoal formula will continue to detox and deodorize.
HOW TO USE/THE PURGING PHASE: You may notice more sweating and a stronger odor than normal during the first 2-3 weeks. This is completely normal. It is actually a sign that the takesumi detox is working and your body is going through the detox process. This is when you need to be especially daring and committed to your cleanse. Reapply as needed.
Some people may experience itchiness in their underarm area. Much like the increased sweating, this is a very normal result of the detox as trapped substances that are clogged up in your glands make their way out.
The charcoal is grey, will it stain my clothing?
Although it is grey, it goes on clear. There will be no white marks or yellow stains (which are caused by aluminum) as it is aluminum-free.
Will I still sweat while using the takesumi detox?
The takesumi detox is a deodorant that will help keep odor away; however, it cannot stop sweating as aluminum does (as it clogs the pores to prevent the natural process of sweating). Noticing a temporary excess of perspiration and odor is normal since your body needs time to rebalance to start working normally again.
How long does the odor control last?
The takesumi detox charcoal deodorant fights odor causing bacteria for up to 12 hours.
I’m a super smelly person what can I do?
If you are needing extra odor protection while transitioning or for those intense workout days, use the takesumi detox underarm bar to give yourself an extra protective barrier from odor causing bacteria.
Is this deodorant only used as a detox?
It starts off as a detox but after you transition, use as a daily deodorant. Continue to use the takesumi detoxcharcoal deodorant after you have fully transitioned, to continue allowing toxins and bacteria to not build up under your underarms. For extra protection, use the takesumi detox underarm bar on your smelly parts.
Is this safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
Yes! We take pride in having clean and natural ingredients in all of our products. Our the takesumi detox charcoal deodorant is safe for all women breastfeeding and pregnant as it is free of all harmful chemicals that would otherwise, absorb into your underarms.
ABOUT THE BRAND: Kaia Naturals products are targeting the beauty products with the highest toxic impact, they formulate clean alternatives that are luxurious, high performance and cruelty-free. Every scent used in these products is specially formulated by a perfumer. They follow the standards for natural scents set by The International Fragrance Association (IFRA).
Aqua, Propanediol, Glycerin, Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) Root Powder, Sodium Stearate, Silica, Saccharomyces Ferment, Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin, Sorbic Acid, Citrus Aurantifolia, Mentha Spicata, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Magnesium Hydroxide, Carbo Activatus (Activated Charcoal).
Expedited Shipping Time:
Processing Time: 1-3 Days.
Shipping Time: 2-10 Days.
Receiving Time = Processing Time + Shipping Time
You will receive a shipping confirmation and your tracking number by email or Facebook messenger once your package has shipped. If we encounter any problems with your order we will be in touch via email or phone. We do not ship orders via untracked shipping.
- Shipping quoted as business days, Monday through Friday.
- Excluding taxes, duties, and other shipping fees.
- Free shipping codes cannot be combined with discount coupon codes, reward points, or free gifts. Only one coupon code can be used per order.
- If you order more than one item, and one or more of your items are backordered, your instock item(s) will be held until your backordered item(s) become available unless your order is over $200. We will let you know via email about any backorders.
- We are happy to send our products to our international customers, but please note there may be taxes or customs duties/import fees charged by your country that we do not take responsibility for. International orders are subject to customs clearance delays.
Returns & Exchanges
Once products leave the Socialite Beauty warehouse, all sales become final. Many products do not come with sanitary seals making it unsafe to put them back on the shelves. We want you as our customer to feel secure you're getting brand new, unused products from us. Because skin can take some time to adjust to new products as well as to detox from any changes, it is best to allow 2-3 weeks of use to see how your skin truly takes on new items. Sometimes a few uses alone is simply not enough time to let the new products get to work. If your product does have a seal and you would like to return it, please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased (email@example.com) and include images of the sealed product. Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a refund minus return shipping cost.
Please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased at firstname.lastname@example.org.Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a Socialite Beauty Gift Card.
Smells nice and fresh and works well too :)
I have very sensitive skin and a strong allergy to artificial fragrances so I was very apprehensive to try this deodorant. I got the deodorant very quickly and I absolute love it! It took some time to get used to however my body has adjusted and I cannot wait for my next order to arrive.