Style is a state of mind, thoughts determine character and our actions define us.
When it comes to crafting a look and a personal style, we believe in wearing your heart on your sleeve and shooting for the end zone. We built Coltrane clay to deliver on just such an ethos. It’s for anyone who understands that the best way to get to the dance is to ride along with the band. Utilizing White Clay and Beeswax mixed with Pracaxi oil and a splash of Brazil wax this medium hold clay is designed to create the perfect hold for those who want a matte, firm, healthy wave that is flexible enough to mould your own way, but strong enough to keep it that way.
- Kaolin/China Clay - Is soft white clay named after the hill in China (Kao-ling) where it was first mined. Used for centuries to make Chinese porcelain when kaolin is mixed with water it can be molded under pressure, the shape is retained after the pressure is removed making it a fantastic base for styling clay – thanks Coltrane.
- Beeswax - Made by our humble little friends to raise and nourish their young, the benefits to our hair are plentiful. Visually it adds texture and volume making it appear stronger and thicker which means it is easier to mould and style. Beeswax assists in preventing split ends whilst delivering shine and natural protection from the elements – it’s like the best older brother you ever had. Beeswax has your back.
- Pracaxi Oil - Found in the deepest darkest Amazon Pracaxi oil is obtained by a natural (Chemical Free) cold press process that draws the oil from the seeds and flesh. The secrets of the Pracaxi seed have been widely known in the Amazon for generations where it has been used on anything from acne and burns to body and hair oil. In Coltrane it is an awesome conditioning agent and works in combination with the waxes and clays to leave hair feeling smooth and soft.
- Brazil Wax - Back in the day grandpa might have cleaned his tobacco pipe with it, maybe he used it to coat the hull of his boat enhancing the speed and handling through water, it is still used today in many brands of surf wax for much the same properties. In Coltrane it helps create the hold and waterproofing to give your look longevity.
FRAGRANCE: American Tobacco - We added this because we don’t think smelling like a fruit jube is right for a grown mans hair, but old school loose leaf smoking tobacco, well that’s ok with us. All natural this is a bespoke one of a kind T&D fragrance made by our genius fragrance guy – Phil.
HOW TO USE: Work a small amount of Coltrane Clay through dry or damp hair. Walk tall, run strong, fight the good fight.
SIZE: 3.35 fl oz / 95ml
Aqua (Water), Kaolin (Clay), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Vegetable Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Polyester 5, Coco-Caprylate, PEG 29 Castor Oil, Glycerine, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Polysorbate 60 (Caster Derived), Pongamia Pinnata Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba (Pracaxi) Seed Oil, Parfum (Natural Fragrance), Tapioca Starch, CI 77499 (Black Oxide), †Linalool, †Eugenol, †Citronellol, †d-Limonene. (†Component of Natural Fragrance)
Expedited Shipping Time:
Processing Time: 2-5 Days.
Shipping Time: 2-8 Days.
Receiving Time = Processing Time + Shipping Time
Expedited Shipping Cost:
Orders Over $100 = FREE!
Below $100 = Carrier Calculated (Usually $7-$15 | Province Dependant)
Express Shipping = $15.99
Shipping Time = 1-3 Days After Processing
You will receive a shipping confirmation and your tracking number by email or Facebook messenger once your package has shipped. If we encounter any problems with your order we will be in touch via email or phone. We do not ship orders via untracked shipping.
- Shipping quoted as business days, Monday through Friday.
- Excluding taxes, duties, and other shipping fees.
- Free shipping codes cannot be combined with discount coupon codes, reward points, or free gifts. Only one coupon code can be used per order.
- If you order more than one item, and one or more of your items are backordered, your instock item(s) will be held until your backordered item(s) become available unless your order is over $200. We will let you know via email about any backorders.
- We are happy to send our products to our international customers, but please note there may be taxes or customs duties/import fees charged by your country that we do not take responsibility for. International orders are subject to customs clearance delays.
Returns & Exchanges
We will gladly exchange unopened products within 30 business days from your online purchase minus the actual shipping cost and applied discounts. Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately, sale items cannot be refunded.
Please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased at firstname.lastname@example.org.Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a Socialite Beauty Gift Card.