Flavanone Mud is a three-phase rinse-off decongestion system that disrupts neither the skin surface equilibrium nor its density.
While FM can be classified as a masque for categorical convenience, its approach varies substantially from that offered by the concept of masques today both in terms of its way of positive visible influence on the skin as well as its respect for dermal integrity.
DECONGESTION APPROACH: Masques in general offer topical decongestion of the skin by means of including muds and clays to absorb surface impurities. While some level of deeper cleaning does occur with this approach, muds or clays are unable to solubilize surface impurities and so the decongestion is inefficient. Furthermore, the visible effect is very temporary and further exposure to pollution and cosmetics will undo most of the positive effect quickly.
FM approaches decongestion in three phases:
Purifying Phase: This phase is the simplest one in the formulation and the one that is most closely aligned with masques as they are known today. In this phase, surface impurities which include oil- and water-soluble pollution, cosmetic product build-up and excess sebum activity build-up are physically solubilized and removed.
- A highly-efficient bio-solubilizing technology breaks down both water- and oil-soluble impurities within seconds of application; A delivery system for molecular oxygen gas within the formulation increases oxygen supply.
- A black Amazonian clay with very high concentrations of titanium and oligo-elements binds to solubilized external
- impurities while visibly reducing pore inconsistency immediately;
- A sedimentary white clay binds to excess sebum function bi-products without impairing surface barrier integrity;
- A copper-rich - yet stable - clay from Brazil supports surface barrier function during the cleaning process.
Protective Phase: This phase of FM's formulation offers the most innovative approach to decongestion by introducing technologies that offer a physical shield against external build-up.
- A sea polysaccharide from microorganisms found in Polynesian coral reefs fights build up of urban pollution, acting as a shield against external aggression and allows for better response to climate changes which occur even when not travelling; An advanced analogue of resveratrol, which enables a first-ever topical utility of this incredible molecule, fights against the look of "browning".
- A bio-technological derivative of bitter orange peel reduces the look of inflammation as a result of environmental factors.
- An ultra-pure bisabolol - with up to 900 times less impurity than standard German chamomile flower derivatives - reduces the look inflammation through a secondary support mechanism while forming mild but sustainable support against climate change.
Responsive Phase: This phase of the formulation introduces mechanisms that fight against environmental congestion factors. This phase is the most important phase of FM as it respects health and longevity. The presence of "Flavanone" in the name of the product emphasizes the importance of this phase.
- A highly-purified flavanone derived from the inner white parts of citrus peel, triggers topical visible detoxification;
- A pre-cursor to a modified oleic acid that is naturally produced on normal skin by a yeast offers a slow, non-abrupt, increase of this acid without disrupting dermal pH or density.
- This acid is unlike many other direct acids used in skincare that can actually increase inflammation, reduce skin density and reduce skin defences.
The result of this combined approach is a topical purification process that allows for a form of sustained visible radiance that is not "fabricated" through short-term inflammation or peeling.
RESPECT FOR DERMAL INTEGRITY
Masques and rinse-off treatments often highlight a promise toward glowing skin without respect for the simple fact that for skin to be truly glowing, so much needs to be in order including purification, texture regularity, pigmentation regularity, microcirculation, pore prominence and sebum function. Since masques in general at best address the issue of surface purification, their promise of glowing skin often would fall short and, in order to avoid user disappointment, these formulations often include more aggressive clays, acids and exfoliation mechanisms mainly to introduce enough irritation to increase circulation for a temporarily "glowing" tone. This approach, however, disrupts skin pH immediately, reduces skin density (thickness) and always causes inflammation which may lead to undue longer-term ageing. FM avoids the use of aggressive clays, direct acids, low or high pH, exfoliating agents or any material that would disrupt dermal balance or cause undue inflammation. This approach means FM has to work much harder to achieve the perceived "glow" that excess inflammation would offer temporarily and that's what FM is, in fact, designed to do: work much harder and from many different perspectives to build sustainable purity and the visible radiance that follows.
ALCOHOL-FREE | OIL-FREE | SILICONE-FREE | NUT-FREE | VEGAN | GLUTEN-FREE | CRUELTY-FREE
HOW TO USE: Use once a week. Clean skin with LVCE and/or water. Apply a thin layer of Flavanone Mud to the entire dry face, avoiding the lower and upper eyelids. Leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
A strong temporary stinging sensation will occur especially after the product has been rinsed off.
One of the most advanced technologies used in FM is actually one that sounds the most boring: a very refined dispersion mechanism that allows for a very thin layer of the formula to cover the skin surface very evenly. Most masques require a thick layer to be applied to cover the entire face mainly due to the fact that clays and muds do not disperse well. This drawback generally wastes a large amount of product that will sit in a thick layer on the skin's surface while only the very thin layer of the masque is actually in contact with the skin. In addition to product waste, many technologies used within masques become trapped within the thicker fast-drying layers of the formulations, rendering their utility highly inefficient for the skin. FM's dispersion advancement reduces the amount of product needed to cover the skin surface by as much as 80% compared to traditional approaches which means each 50ml container will offer between 18 and 25 treatments. The dispersion technology also allows for very rapid surface drying which translates to very quick absorption of the non-surface technologies used within the formulation.
If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Keep out of reach of children.
ABOUT THE BRAND: NIOD (Non Invasive Options in Dermal Science) is the newest next-gen beauty brand focusing on skin integrity and health. The high tech products are based on scientifically proven results and use the latest technologies to benefit your skin. NIOD offers a variety of products, which can be used individually or as a full routine for achieving optimum results. Created by DECIEM; a humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands like NIOD, Hylamide, and The Ordinary. They've been called every good and bad thing you can think of like “The most thrilling thing to happen to skincare” and “The hottest beauty company right now”.
Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite, Kaolin, Bisabolol, Silica Cetyl Silylate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Resveratrol, Naringenin, Arginine, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Perfluorodecalin, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Glycosphingolipids, Propanediol, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Acacia Senegal Gum, Sucrose Palmitate, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
FREE SHIPPING IN CANADA & USA OVER $75*
VIEW ALL SHIPPING RATES >
We know how much you love unboxing your Socialite Beauty hauls, so we’re working hard to make sure that your orders are dispatched as soon as possible! You will receive a shipping confirmation and your tracking number by email once your package has shipped. If we encounter any problems with your order we will be in touch.
- Shipping quoted as business days, Monday through Friday.
- Excluding taxes, duties, and other shipping fees.
- Free shipping codes cannot be combined with discount coupon codes, reward points, or free gifts. Only one coupon code can be used per order.
- If you order more than one item, and one or more of your items are backordered, your item(s) will be held until your backordered item(s) become available unless your order is over $200. We will let you know via email about any backorders.
- We are happy to send our products to our international customers, but please note there may be taxes or customs duties/import fees charged by your country that we do not take responsibility for. International orders are subject to customs clearance delays.
Returns & Exchanges
Once products leave the Socialite Beauty warehouse, all sales become final. Many products do not come with sanitary seals making it unsafe to put them back on the shelves. We want you as our customer to feel secure you're getting brand new, unused products from us. Because skin can take some time to adjust to new products as well as to detox from any changes, it is best to allow 2-3 weeks of use to see how your skin truly takes on new items. Sometimes a few uses alone is simply not enough time to let the new products get to work. If your product does have a seal and you would like to return it, please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include images of the sealed product. Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a refund minus return shipping cost.
Please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased at email@example.com.Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a Socialite Beauty Gift Card.
Really good mask
Reaaaaally good! It reminds me of another more expensive mask, except this one has a better smell and better consistency. I was dealing with some breakouts and this made them smaller, less inflamed and they were dried the next morning. Very excited to continue using this mask.
I love the way this mask makes my skin look right after. Haven't noticed any long term benefits as yet but it's only been a month. I like the tingling feeling cos it feels like it's working
Makes my face feel sooo good after; I use it once per week and face feels so great.