Flavanone Mud is a three-phase rinse-off decongestion system that disrupts neither the skin surface equilibrium nor its density.
While FM can be classified as a masque for categorical convenience, its approach varies substantially from that offered by the concept of masques today both in terms of its way of positive visible influence on the skin as well as its respect for dermal integrity.
FM avoids the use of aggressive clays, direct acids, low or high pH, exfoliating agents or any material that would disrupt dermal balance or cause undue inflammation. This approach means FM has to work much harder to achieve the perceived "glow" that excess inflammation would offer temporarily and that's what FM is, in fact, designed to do: work much harder and from many different perspectives to build sustainable purity and the visible radiance that follows.
Flavanone Mud approaches decongestion in three phases. The result of this combined approach is a topical purification process that allows for a form of sustained visible radiance that is not "fabricated" through short-term inflammation or peeling.
1. Purifying Phase: This phase is the simplest one in the formulation and the one that is most closely aligned with masques as they are known today. In this phase, surface impurities—which include oil- and water-soluble pollution, cosmetic product build-up and excess sebum activity build-up—are physically solubilized and removed.
- A highly-efficient bio-solubilizing technology breaks down both water- and oil-soluble impurities within seconds of application;
- A delivery system for molecular oxygen gas within the formulation increases oxygen supply.
- A black Amazonian clay with very high concentrations of titanium and oligo-elements binds to solubilized external impurities while visibly reducing pore inconsistency immediately;
- A sedimentary white clay binds to excess sebum function bi-products without impairing surface barrier integrity;
- A copper-rich—yet stable—clay from Brazil supports surface barrier function during the cleaning process.
2. Protective Phase: This phase of FM's formulation offers the most innovative approach to decongestion by introducing technologies that offer a physical shield against external build-up.
- A sea polysaccharide from microorganisms found in Polynesian coral reefs fights build up of urban pollution, acting as a shield against external aggression and allows for better response to climate changes which occur even when not travelling;
- An advanced analogue of resveratrol, which enables a first-ever topical utility of this incredible molecule, fights against the look of "browning".
- A bio-technological derivative of bitter orange peel reduces the look of inflammation as a result of environmental factors.
- An ultra-pure bisabolol—with up to 900 times less impurity than standard German chamomile flower derivatives—reduces the look inflammation through a secondary support mechanism while forming mild but sustainable support against climate change.
3. Responsive Phase: This phase of the formulation introduces mechanisms that fight against environmental congestion factors. This phase is the most important phase of FM as it respects health and longevity. The presence of "Flavanone" in the name of the product emphasizes the importance of this phase.
- A highly-purified flavanone derived from the inner white parts of citrus peel, triggers topical visible detoxification;
- A pre-cursor to a modified oleic acid that is naturally produced on normal skin by a yeast offers a slow, non-abrupt, increase of this acid without disrupting dermal pH or density. This acid is unlike many other direct acids used in skincare that can actually increase inflammation, reduce skin density and reduce skin defences.
HOW TO USE: Designed to be used once per week. Its action may lead to a stinging sensation which actually increases for a few minutes after the product is rinsed-off. The product should be applied on clean, dry skin as a very thin even layer and left on for 10 minutes. Some benefit will be seen immediately after the first use, but the benefits will be more evident 24-48 hours after application and will continue to be maintained with continued use.
Note: An accelerated method of use would be to use FM once per day for the first five days followed by weekly maintenance applications.
Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite, Kaolin, Bisabolol, Silica Cetyl Silylate, Isodecyl neopentanoate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, Argilla, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Resveratrol, Naringenin, Arginine, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Perfluorodecalin, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Glycosphingolipids, Propanediol, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Acacia Senegal Gum, Mica, Quartz, Sucrose Palmitate, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
Get more information about shipping rates, schedules, methods, and restrictions
If you are not completely satisfied with your online purchase you may return your U.S. or Canadian purchase by mail. Restrictions apply for returns