Does the hard work with a soft touch.
When your skin is chronically dry, or just dry right now, you need a wash that won’t suck the life out of your already-parched face. If you want bouncy, glowing skin that lasts, it all starts with your wash (the wrong one can leave you looking and feeling like dried-out paper). HoliFrog blended together the best moisture-preserving ingredients we could find and kept away from anything that could potentially disrupt the skin barrier and spur on more dryness, including essential oils and sulfates.
Makeup lovers and sunscreen die-hards rejoice! This Balmy Wash dissolves longwear pigments and stubborn SPF, making it an ideal first step in a double cleanse.
- Imagine a reparative salve that also cleanses.
- Dissolves makeup and daily grime while hydrating your skin.
- Helps prevent moisture loss throughout the day, ensuring you stay dewy, not dull.
- Our blend of dreamy natural oils and butters soothe dehydrated skin.
- Non-foaming balm formula helps restore your skin barrier.
FOR: Dry skin, or use as step one in a double cleanse.
- Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), Linolenic Acid: Unsaturated fats, which are critical in promoting cell turnover and regeneration.
- Sunflower seed oil: Helps rehab a damaged or irritated skin barrier.
- Papaya seed oil: Naturally packed with fatty acids, it keeps precious moisture from escaping from your skin.
- Grape seed oil: Rich inessential fatty acids (palmitic, stearic and linoleic), beta-carotene and Vitamins D, C, E, this carrier oil moisturizes the skin by balancing both dry and oily patches. It can penetrate blocked pores and cleanse breakouts.
- Jojoba oil: A skin identical non-fragrant monounsaturated oil that enhances skin’s restorative properties; it’s texture is similar to the skin’s sebum, so is brilliant for dry skin.
- Kokum seed butter: Kokum butter has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that rejuvenate damaged skin cells.
- Mongongo seed oil: Containing Vitamin E, calcium, copper and zinc, it’s highly nutrient-dense for the skin. Rich in fatty acids, it delivers a protective, emollient layer on the surface. It’s acidic properties make it a standout: linoleic, alpha-eleostearic acid.
- Marula seed oil: Rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, oleic acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, these fatty acids and antioxidants, keep skin smooth and protected from the effects of environmental stressors and free radicals. It softens and moisturizes without clogging pores.
- Cranberry seed oil: High in antioxidants, it also has the perfect ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 fatty acids, which means it absorbs super well into the skin, giving you excellent hydration; your skin is then able to absorb the potent antioxidants (Vitamin E + fatty acids) and other nutrients in the oil. It improves skin’s elasticity, boosts collagen and firms skin.
- Avocado oil: Loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A, D and E, potassium, and lecithin, the epidermis easily absorbs these nutrients, which also help form new skin. It can help promote collagen synthesis, which creates new connective tissue. It provides great relief for dry, irritated and flaky skin.
- Moringa seed oil: A plant oil that contains several antioxidants, including zeatin, quercetin, and vitamins A, C, and E. The oil is also a very good source of oleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid that can replenish skin and help guard against moisture loss. Moringa seed oil contains amino acids as well as plant sterols, which can have a calming effect on skin.
- Spinach leaf extract: It’s deep green color makes it a rich source of antioxidants, including vitamins C, E, and K, all of which help defend skin from environmental aggressors.
- Olive oil esters: Emulsifies impurities so they can be easily wiped or rinsed away.
CRUELTY-FREE | FREE FROM PARABENS & PHENOXYETHANOL, NATURAL & SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES
HOW TO USE: Massage on dry skin in slow circular motions. Take your time, it’s sinking in.
Since Kissimmee is 85% oil content, you’ve got to emulsify properly in order to lift the oil off your skin. A quick rinse the way you would with a water-based formula is not going to do the trick and you will be left with a sticky, greasy residue.
The best technique? Think of washing with Kissimmee like cleaning up salad dressing that spilled on the tile floor: you can’t just splash it with water. You’ve got to do about 2-3 separate layers of massaging warm water over the oil to emulsify, aka: marry the oil & water together. Once you’ve done that, a final rinse ensures you’ve whisked all the emulsified oil/water (which at that point looks and feels like a milky gel) off your face, leaving you with clean and supple skin.
- The 1-Minute AM Wash: Whether you’re an early bird or a sleepy bird, washing your face every morning is important. Your morning cleanse preps your skin so you can layer up your skincare products and makeup for the day. A full 60 seconds may feel like an excessive amount of time to push suds around your face, but that gives the formula’s actives a proper amount of time to get intimate with those pores. Think of it like a face wash sandwich: 30 seconds to dislodge any dirt and emulsify sebum, 30 seconds for the formula to penetrate pores, and in between you’ve got a very nice mini facial massage in the morning. Your skin deserves it.
- The 2-Minute PM Wash: After your day is done and before your head hits the pillow, pencil in washing your face. This is the big wash because now there are greater obstacles in the form of dirt, sweat, oil, sunscreen, makeup, environmental pollutants, and anything else that may have met your face throughout the day to remove. You’re tired, you just want to go to bed — but you also want nice skin and nothing sabotages a good skincare routine like piling products on top of pre-clogged pores. This is where [double-cleansing] comes in. Take one minute with a hardworking yet gentle oil-based wash to emulsify and whisk off surface grime and makeup, so you can effectively remove all aforementioned offenders. For the encore, massage a follow-up wash around your face for another minute to oust any clingy residue as well as nourish your skin with its own formula’s actives. Your pores can sleep easier at night, knowing that all of yesterday’s gunk is out of them.
ABOUT THE BRAND: HoliFrog washes contain a mild range of gentle surfactants to cleanse skin without over-stripping your moisture barrier (you’re welcome). Tashmoo Water Lily Nourishing Milky Wash contains the least with 3%, Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash has 3.4%, Kissimmee Vitamin F Therapy Balmy Wash has 5%, and Superior Omega Nutritive Gel Wash contains the most, with 8%. They’re all formulated at an optimal pH balance, counterbalancing surfactants and exfoliants with rich, nourishing oils to keep your skin in check. Each wash contains a unique set of active ingredients geared towards giving your skin exactly what it needs when you need it. All you have to do is give them the time to get to work.
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Polyglyceryl-3 Caprate, Beeswax, Silica, Jojoba Esters, Moringa Oleifera (Moringa) Seed Oil*, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Schinziophyton Rautanenii (Mongongo) Kernel Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Kernel Oil, Oleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Garcinia Indica (Kokum) Seed Butter, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Brassica Oleracea Acephala Extract, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Leaf Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Olive Oil Polyglyceryl-6 Esters, Tocopherol, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Polyglyceryl-6 Pentaoleate, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Toluene Sulfonic Acid.
Expedited Shipping Time:
Processing Time: 1-3 Days.
Shipping Time: 2-10 Days.
Receiving Time = Processing Time + Shipping Time
You will receive a shipping confirmation and your tracking number by email or Facebook messenger once your package has shipped. If we encounter any problems with your order we will be in touch via email or phone. We do not ship orders via untracked shipping.
- Shipping quoted as business days, Monday through Friday.
- Excluding taxes, duties, and other shipping fees.
- Free shipping codes cannot be combined with discount coupon codes, reward points, or free gifts. Only one coupon code can be used per order.
- If you order more than one item, and one or more of your items are backordered, your instock item(s) will be held until your backordered item(s) become available unless your order is over $200. We will let you know via email about any backorders.
- We are happy to send our products to our international customers, but please note there may be taxes or customs duties/import fees charged by your country that we do not take responsibility for. International orders are subject to customs clearance delays.
Returns & Exchanges
Once products leave the Socialite Beauty warehouse, all sales become final. Many products do not come with sanitary seals making it unsafe to put them back on the shelves. We want you as our customer to feel secure you're getting brand new, unused products from us. Because skin can take some time to adjust to new products as well as to detox from any changes, it is best to allow 2-3 weeks of use to see how your skin truly takes on new items. Sometimes a few uses alone is simply not enough time to let the new products get to work. If your product does have a seal and you would like to return it, please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include images of the sealed product. Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a refund minus return shipping cost.
Please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased at email@example.com.Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a Socialite Beauty Gift Card.
This was my first time trying a cleansing balm and I was surprised by how much I liked it. Feels so nice on my skin, I never want to wash it off! One minor, odd comment is that I have really sensitive eyes and sometimes if I use the balm to rub off my eye makeup, it creates a film over my eyes. Just required me to splash water. Overall I really liked the product!