Viscous and intense cleaning balm for the face formulated with highly-concentrated, very-unrefined Ayurvedic plant surfactants.
This cleanser contains no purified or synthetic surfactants, sulphates, oils, esters or micellar technologies. It is a pH-balanced suspension of the amino acid, Lysine, in saponins from the Ayurvedic plants shikakai and sapindus mukorossi.
HOW TO USE: Use once every other day in the AM or the PM. This cleanser can be used more frequently if desired. It is not intended to remove makeup; If makeup is present, remove first with Low-Viscosity Cleansing Esther or a suitable makeup remover before using Sanskrit Saponins.
- Wet face thoroughly.
- Massage SS between your palms for a few seconds to form a paste-like lather.
- Apply to the entire face and massage gently, avoiding the eyes.
- Rinse thoroughly, keeping your eyes closed.
- Dry with a towel.
Today, cleansing seems to be more focused on removing makeup than actually cleaning bare skin — of dirt, of dead cells, and of oils. While many modern products remove makeup and surface dirt very effectively, they largely leave the pores unclean of bacteria, dirt and oils.
The alternative to these gentle cleaning products (or makeup removers) is the use of aggressive acids, alcohols and exfoliants. Products with these technologies go to the opposite extreme — they interact with the skin's bonds to peel the surface and/or specifically dry out as much oil as possible. This approach does clean the surface well but causes inflammation and encourages excess exposure of the skin's lower layers to the environment, allowing for premature ageing.
In our distant past, plant saponins were used to clean the skin well — and they did so very well. These saponins clean the surface of dead cells without peeling the skin. They delete dirt. They clean pores intensely. And they remove the skin's own oils — yes, the skin's very own oils and sebum secretions that everyone is so fearful of removing. The skin is not a cover. It is a living organ. Its function is to produce protective oils. To never clean these oils discourages their natural recycling — in a way, it would discourage the skin to engage in "exercise". And removing these oils too aggressively results in excessive dryness and a compensatory overproduction of oils.
This cleanser is a balm that concentrates Ayurvedic saponins. They're unrefined and messy. They borrow their colour and smell from a place far away from today's madding crowd of refinement. But their near-perfect equilibrium between deep cleaning and respecting skin integrity is evidence that — somehow, somewhere — they connected to humankind.
With continued use, SS targets all forms of build-up, blemishes, congestion and impurities. It is suitable for all skin types. After the first use, SS leaves the skin looking nearly pore-free and its surface exceptionally cleaned — as if it's radiating from within.
- While Sanskrit Saponins is pH-balanced, plant saponins (and plants in general) can mildly irritate the eyes. While this sensitivity can be avoided by keeping your eyes closed during cleaning, if you develop any mild sensitivity around the eyes, it will disappear within a few minutes.
- Within the first few minutes after using this cleaner, you may feel that your skin feels mildly dry. This temporary feeling is a direct result of having removed skin oils gently to encourage recycling of these oils. This feeling is very short-lived and, within a few minutes, you'll notice your skin returns to normal.
- For committed users, this cleanser can be applied for a deeper cleaning treatment as follows: Remove any makeup. Clean the skin with water and dry with a towel. Wet the palms of your hand. Massage a generous amount of product into your palms until a mild lather forms like a paste. Apply to dry skin, avoiding the eye areas entirely. Leave on for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with your eyes closed. Dry with a towel.
Aqua (Water), Sapindus Mukurossi Fruit Extract, Stearic Acid, Arginine, Glycerin, PPG-26-buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acacia Concinna Fruit Extract, Balanites Aegyptiaca (Desert Date) Fruit Extract, Gypsophila Paniculata Root Extract, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
Expedited Shipping Time:
Processing Time: 2-5 Days.
Shipping Time: 2-8 Days.
Receiving Time = Processing Time + Shipping Time
Expedited Shipping Cost:
Orders Over $100 = FREE!
Below $100 = Carrier Calculated (Usually $7-$15 | Province Dependant)
Express Shipping = $15.99
Shipping Time = 1-3 Days After Processing
You will receive a shipping confirmation and your tracking number by email or Facebook messenger once your package has shipped. If we encounter any problems with your order we will be in touch via email or phone. We do not ship orders via untracked shipping.
- Shipping quoted as business days, Monday through Friday.
- Excluding taxes, duties, and other shipping fees.
- Free shipping codes cannot be combined with discount coupon codes, reward points, or free gifts. Only one coupon code can be used per order.
- If you order more than one item, and one or more of your items are backordered, your instock item(s) will be held until your backordered item(s) become available unless your order is over $200. We will let you know via email about any backorders.
- We are happy to send our products to our international customers, but please note there may be taxes or customs duties/import fees charged by your country that we do not take responsibility for. International orders are subject to customs clearance delays.
Returns & Exchanges
We will gladly exchange unopened products within 30 business days from your online purchase minus the actual shipping cost and applied discounts. Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately, sale items cannot be refunded.
Please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased at email@example.com.Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a Socialite Beauty Gift Card.