Superoxide Dismutase Saccharide Mist [SDSM2]
A dermal treatment mist–not to be classified mistakenly as a "toner"–that acts as a fundamental daily force against many forms of oxidative stress, dermal water loss and inflammation, all of which contribute to loss of visible skin quality over time.
- Yeast-Derived Superoxide Dismutase (SOD): Superoxide is the main reactive oxygen species in each cell and SOD is the body's natural way of out-competing the ongoing and very damaging effect of superoxide in cells. Arguably, SOD is the most important force against oxidation in the human body.
- Under direct UVB exposure, topical SOD was shown to reduce the look of additional inflammation by nearly 100%.
- SOD has in the past been difficult to obtain or to stabilize. SDSM contains a very high concentration of SOD in completely stable and solubilized form.
- SDSM2 introduces an even more potent SOD with an extremely high activity of up to 55000 pyrogallol autoxidation inhibitor units per ml, resulting in exceptionally high activity of approximately 500 pyrogallol autoxidation inhibitor units per ml of the formula.
- Purified North American Four O' Clock Flower: A studied bio-derivative of this Aztec plant reduces pro-inflammatory mediators to help reduce visible inflammation. This technology supports the anti-inflammatory effects of SOD by targeting inflammatory causes unrelated to oxidative stress for a broader spectrum of inflammation targets. This added support is important because inflammation–regardless of its source––is one of the key causes of ailments and ageing.
- Marine Exopolysaccharides: Derived entirely through fermentation processes, this sustainably-sourced marine polysaccharide is able to preserve water significantly more than the highest molecular sizes of hyaluronic acid, without any of the drawbacks associated with topical application of such higher weights. This ability prevents dermal water loss even in extreme cases where cell viability was measured under severely cold temperatures (-20 C) where this polysaccharide increased cellular viability preservation by 60%––and in comparison, high-molecular weight HA increased viability by only 11%. The longer-term benefits of preserving hydration are far beyond just hydration itself; however, from a more immediate perspective, this technology increases skin hydration by more than 35% and measurably reduces roughness within 2 hours.
- Malachite Rock Extract: This highly-purified, ph-balanced extract of malachite rock, or copper carbonate hydroxide mineral, offers additional direct scavenging of the superoxide radical. It also offers very high potency against oxidative stressors through multiple pathways. SDSM2 owes its more pronounced turquoise colour to the extract of this naturally-copper-rich rock.
HOW TO USE: Apply morning and evening to face and neck after cleaning before application of other treatments. If used as part of a NIOD regimen, apply after Low-Viscosity Cleansing Ester and/or Sanskrit Saponins, but before Copper Amino Isolate Serum. Can be used on body areas if desired to improve water density and/or target oxidative stressors.
SIZE: 8 fl. oz / 240ml
Aqua (Water), Superoxide Dismutase, Malachite Extract, Pseudoalteromonas Exopolysaccharides, Mirabilis Jalapa Extract, Polypodium Vulgare Rhizome Extract, Cetraria Islandica Thallus Extract, Sphagnum Magellanicum Extract, Arginine, Propanediol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Salicylate, Gellan Gum, Sodium Chloride, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Tromethamine, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
Expedited Shipping Time:
Processing Time: 1-3 Days.
Shipping Time: 2-10 Days.
Receiving Time = Processing Time + Shipping Time
You will receive a shipping confirmation and your tracking number by email or Facebook messenger once your package has shipped. If we encounter any problems with your order we will be in touch via email or phone. We do not ship orders via untracked shipping.
- Shipping quoted as business days, Monday through Friday.
- Excluding taxes, duties, and other shipping fees.
- Free shipping codes cannot be combined with discount coupon codes, reward points, or free gifts. Only one coupon code can be used per order.
- If you order more than one item, and one or more of your items are backordered, your instock item(s) will be held until your backordered item(s) become available unless your order is over $200. We will let you know via email about any backorders.
- We are happy to send our products to our international customers, but please note there may be taxes or customs duties/import fees charged by your country that we do not take responsibility for. International orders are subject to customs clearance delays.
Returns & Exchanges
Once products leave the Socialite Beauty warehouse, all sales become final. Many products do not come with sanitary seals making it unsafe to put them back on the shelves. We want you as our customer to feel secure you're getting brand new, unused products from us. Because skin can take some time to adjust to new products as well as to detox from any changes, it is best to allow 2-3 weeks of use to see how your skin truly takes on new items. Sometimes a few uses alone is simply not enough time to let the new products get to work. If your product does have a seal and you would like to return it, please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include images of the sealed product. Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a refund minus return shipping cost.
Please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased at email@example.com.Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a Socialite Beauty Gift Card.
priced good, ingredients great, feel on skin is awesome, already went through my 3rd bottle, what else should I say to complement this product? it has been out of stock on so many sites, I hope they are just trying to come out with SDSM3
I’m using the CAIS, then the mist followed by the MMHC and fractionated eye contour concentrate. This routine has been phenomenal and I will be looking to maintain it until further notice! Keeps my skin feeling fresh, hydrated and the tone and texture are beautiful.
Thank you for your review, so happy to hear you love using NIOD in your morning ritual!
Every day use for optimal hydration prior to applying serums . Excellent product , Contents lasts 5 months with twice daily use , well priced
This is my second bottle and use it with all my serums twice a day…I saw a good difference with my skin when i started to use copper peptides,acide hyaluronique and vit c and i think that if these products have improved my skin,this mist also works..I will buy again!!