A dermal treatment mist–not to be classified mistakenly as a "toner"–that acts as a fundamental daily force against many forms of oxidative stress, dermal water loss and inflammation, all of which contribute to loss of visible skin quality over time.
- Yeast-Derived Superoxide Dismutase (SOD): Superoxide is the main reactive oxygen species in each cell and SOD is the body's natural way of out-competing the ongoing and very damaging effect of superoxide in cells. Arguably, SOD is the most important force against oxidation in the human body.
- Under direct UVB exposure, topical SOD was shown to reduce the look of additional inflammation by nearly 100%.
- SOD has in the past been difficult to obtain or to stabilize. SDSM contains a very high concentration of SOD in completely stable and solubilized form.
- SDSM2 introduces an even more potent SOD with an extremely high activity of up to 55000 pyrogallol autoxidation inhibitor units per ml, resulting in exceptionally high activity of approximately 500 pyrogallol autoxidation inhibitor units per ml of the formula.
- Purified North American Four O' Clock Flower: A studied bio-derivative of this Aztec plant reduces pro-inflammatory mediators to help reduce visible inflammation. This technology supports the anti-inflammatory effects of SOD by targeting inflammatory causes unrelated to oxidative stress for a broader spectrum of inflammation targets. This added support is important because inflammation–regardless of its source––is one of the key causes of ailments and ageing.
- Marine Exopolysaccharides: Derived entirely through fermentation processes, this sustainably-sourced marine polysaccharide is able to preserve water significantly more than the highest molecular sizes of hyaluronic acid, without any of the drawbacks associated with topical application of such higher weights. This ability prevents dermal water loss even in extreme cases where cell viability was measured under severely cold temperatures (-20 C) where this polysaccharide increased cellular viability preservation by 60%––and in comparison, high-molecular weight HA increased viability by only 11%. The longer-term benefits of preserving hydration are far beyond just hydration itself; however, from a more immediate perspective, this technology increases skin hydration by more than 35% and measurably reduces roughness within 2 hours.
- Malachite Rock Extract: This highly-purified, ph-balanced extract of malachite rock, or copper carbonate hydroxide mineral, offers additional direct scavenging of the superoxide radical. It also offers very high potency against oxidative stressors through multiple pathways. SDSM2 owes its more pronounced turquoise colour to the extract of this naturally-copper-rich rock.
HOW TO USE: Apply morning and evening to face and neck after cleaning before application of other treatments. If used as part of a NIOD regimen, apply after Low-Viscosity Cleansing Ester and/or Sanskrit Saponins, but before Copper Amino Isolate Serum. Can be used on body areas if desired to improve water density and/or target oxidative stressors.
SIZE: 8 fl. oz / 240ml
Aqua (Water), Superoxide Dismutase, Malachite Extract, Pseudoalteromonas Exopolysaccharides, Mirabilis Jalapa Extract, Polypodium Vulgare Rhizome Extract, Cetraria Islandica Thallus Extract, Sphagnum Magellanicum Extract, Arginine, Propanediol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Salicylate, Gellan Gum, Sodium Chloride, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Tromethamine, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
Get more information about shipping rates, schedules, methods, and restrictions
If you are not completely satisfied with your online purchase you may return your U.S. or Canadian purchase by mail. Restrictions apply for returns