Comfort blanket meets comfort cleanser.
When your skin tends toward dry and/or moody but you love the clean-rinsing feeling of a gel cleanser, our milky wash is the perfect choice. Soothing non-fragrant botanical extracts gently remove makeup and debris—not your natural hydration. We also love this cleanser for any skin type that needs a little extra love, whether from over-exfoliating, aggressive treatments, or seasonal changes. Made only with skin-loving ingredients, HoliFrog left out anything that could potentially send your skin on an irritation spiral, including essential oils and sulfates.
If you cleanse twice a day, we love using this Milky Wash as at least one of the washes because everyone can benefit from reduced inflammation and a gentle touch.
SOOTHE AND REPLENISH | PH: 5
- Like washing your face with a calming lotion.
- Our gentlest wash for all skin types—it calms inflammation and irritation.
- Aquatic plant extracts lock in hydration without leaving residue—think all glow, no grease.
- Skin-identical amino acids help skin renew itself.
- Silky, non-foaming formula feels light and luxurious—like a spa day in your bathroom.
FOR: Dry to dry-combination skin (skin that gets shiny in the t-zone late in the day), or any skin type that needs a little TLC.
- Blend of 14 Amino acids (Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, PCA, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine): These skin-identical little guys give skin the building blocks it needs to repair itself from damage.
- Water lily root and lotus flower: Keep skin moist in the long-term by maximizing skin’s water storage capabilities.
- Panthenol (vitamin B-5): Attracts moisture to the skin and holds onto it.
- Blue-green algae: Rich in vitamins A, C, and E, it provides antioxidant protection to helps you skin defend itself from environmental irritants.
- Apricot kernel oil: It contains skin-loving sterols, such as cholesterol, which are found naturally in healthy skin. This oil is a great source of Vitamin E and the calming fatty acid, oleic acid.
- Sunflower seed oil: Its anti-inflammatory properties help lower skin redness and roughness. It’s high in omega-6 (linoleic) fatty acid and Vitamin E, which enhance the development of new skin cells.
- Vitamin E: This helps to keep your skin’s protective barrier intact. It allows for the long-lasting moisture retention between skin cells. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps neutralize harmful free radicals and can discourage oil oxidation, which prevents blackheads. It’s an excellent conditioner to environmentally exposed skin, as it works to smooth the skin after irritation from pollution and sun damage.
- Aloe vera: Soothes irritation and reduces redness.
CRUELTY-FREE | FREE FROM PARABENS & PHENOXYETHANOL, NATURAL & SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES
HOW TO USE: Massage on damp skin in slow circular motions. Take your time, it’s sinking in. Rinse and pat dry. Use whenever skin feels dull – or you’re feeling stressed.
- The 1-Minute AM Wash: Whether you’re an early bird or a sleepy bird, washing your face every morning is important. Your morning cleanse preps your skin so you can layer up your skincare products and makeup for the day. A full 60 seconds may feel like an excessive amount of time to push suds around your face, but that gives the formula’s actives a proper amount of time to get intimate with those pores. Think of it like a face wash sandwich: 30 seconds to dislodge any dirt and emulsify sebum, 30 seconds for the formula to penetrate pores, and in between you’ve got a very nice mini facial massage in the morning. Your skin deserves it.
- The 2-Minute PM Wash: After your day is done and before your head hits the pillow, pencil in washing your face. This is the big wash because now there are greater obstacles in the form of dirt, sweat, oil, sunscreen, makeup, environmental pollutants, and anything else that may have met your face throughout the day to remove. You’re tired, you just want to go to bed — but you also want nice skin and nothing sabotages a good skincare routine like piling products on top of pre-clogged pores. This is where [double-cleansing] comes in. Take one minute with a hardworking yet gentle oil-based wash to emulsify and whisk off surface grime and makeup, so you can effectively remove all aforementioned offenders. For the encore, massage a follow-up wash around your face for another minute to oust any clingy residue as well as nourish your skin with its own formula’s actives. Your pores can sleep easier at night, knowing that all of yesterday’s gunk is out of them.
ABOUT THE BRAND: HoliFrog washes contain a mild range of gentle surfactants to cleanse skin without over-stripping your moisture barrier (you’re welcome). Tashmoo Water Lily Nourishing Milky Wash contains the least with 3%, Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash has 3.4%, Kissimmee Vitamin F Therapy Balmy Wash has 5%, and Superior Omega Nutritive Gel Wash contains the most, with 8%. They’re all formulated at an optimal pH balance, counterbalancing surfactants and exfoliants with rich, nourishing oils to keep your skin in check. Each wash contains a unique set of active ingredients geared towards giving your skin exactly what it needs when you need it. All you have to do is give them the time to get to work.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower), Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Cocamidopropyl, Hydroxysultaine, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Arginine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Alanine, Threonine, Phenylalanine, Histidine, PCA, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Nymphaea Alba (Water Lily) Root Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus) Flower Extract, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Arthrospira Platensis (Spirulina) Extract*, Tocopherol, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride*, Xanthan Gum, Aspartic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Gluconate, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate*.
Expedited Shipping Time:
Processing Time: 1-3 Days.
Shipping Time: 2-10 Days.
Receiving Time = Processing Time + Shipping Time
You will receive a shipping confirmation and your tracking number by email or Facebook messenger once your package has shipped. If we encounter any problems with your order we will be in touch via email or phone. We do not ship orders via untracked shipping.
- Shipping quoted as business days, Monday through Friday.
- Excluding taxes, duties, and other shipping fees.
- Free shipping codes cannot be combined with discount coupon codes, reward points, or free gifts. Only one coupon code can be used per order.
- If you order more than one item, and one or more of your items are backordered, your instock item(s) will be held until your backordered item(s) become available unless your order is over $200. We will let you know via email about any backorders.
- We are happy to send our products to our international customers, but please note there may be taxes or customs duties/import fees charged by your country that we do not take responsibility for. International orders are subject to customs clearance delays.
Returns & Exchanges
Once products leave the Socialite Beauty warehouse, all sales become final. Many products do not come with sanitary seals making it unsafe to put them back on the shelves. We want you as our customer to feel secure you're getting brand new, unused products from us. Because skin can take some time to adjust to new products as well as to detox from any changes, it is best to allow 2-3 weeks of use to see how your skin truly takes on new items. Sometimes a few uses alone is simply not enough time to let the new products get to work. If your product does have a seal and you would like to return it, please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include images of the sealed product. Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a refund minus return shipping cost.
Please notify us via email if you will be returning a product you have purchased at email@example.com.Provide your invoice number and reason(s) for the return/exchange. Once merchandise has arrived back to us, we will issue a Socialite Beauty Gift Card.
I have fairly normal but sensitive skin. This has been wonderful as my morning cleanser. Two small pumps and a soothing 2 minute massage and my skin feels clean and calm. There is a very light natural scent and the cleanser rinses off well. It's typical for people to use too much product each use and with the Holifrog line you really don't need much at all.
I received this cleanser and was trying out all Holifrog products and was not expecting to like this cleanser as much as the others. I have oily skin and thought this cleanser would be too gentle. I have started using this cleanser in the morning when I noticed I might have been over cleansing my face. I use it every other day (the days I don't use it, I usually skip a morning cleanser) and I have found that it has really helped my skin get back to normal.
Recommendation from Gothamista and it didn’t disappoint. I have dry skin and this cleanser doesn’t strip my face and rinses away. I’ll repurchase this.
I’ve only been using this for a few days now but it makes my skin feel very soft and supple. Especially love that it’s fragrance, essential oil, and cruelty-free and vegan!