The necessity of using Hand Creams
Our hands are probably the most used parts of our body. They are also constantly exposed to the sun and UV rays, water, and chemicals from the kitchen etc. The skin on the back of the hands is thinner than other areas of your body. The oil ducts on your palms and fingers are also much smaller compared to other areas so your hands get chapped and dry out more easily than other areas. All of these factors can contribute to premature signs of aging and skin damage like wrinkles, dehydration, and pigmentation. This is where a good hand cream comes in.
Our hands require intense moisturizing since they dry out easily. Hand creams are specifically formulated with different infusions to help deeply hydrate not just the skin at the back of our hands but also our palms which have thicker skin and hence are more difficult to penetrate. Regular use of a hand cream will make your skin softer, smoother and more supple as well. Try the Jubilation Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream by Antipodes with its rich blend of Omega fatty acids, available on our website, to experience hydrated and silky soft hands.
Hand creams can also help combat the very many signs of aging. They can improve the elasticity of the skin tissue resulting in hands that look years younger. These creams are designed to target wrinkles, sun spots, and other kind of pigmentation. Many hand creams also utilize combinations of powerful botanical herbs and essential oils to repair and reverse sun damage. The Age Repair Hand Cream by Grown Alchemist and the Eucalyptus Hand Buttercream by 100% Pure® are just two of many hand creams available on our website that are loaded with antioxidants to ensure youthful looking hands.
Hand creams also offer protection from environmental factors. It creates a protective barrier on your skin to prevent dehydration, peeling, and cracking. Regular use of hand creams also helps in softening cuticles and nails resulting in overall better looking and feeling hands. The Organic Cream by Consonant Skincare offers just this type of relief from dry hands along with intense protection to prevent damage before it even happens. Using hand creams can also relieve stress due to regular massage and even more so when ingredients are organic. A perfect example of this is the Deliverance Kowhai Flower Hand Cream by Antipodes.
Hand creams are a simple but effective solution to the care of our hard working hands. We have a variety of hand creams to choose from to ensure that your hands are intensely cared for, protected, repaired, and healed.
READ MORE BELOW TO FIND OUR FAVORITE HANDCREAMS!
An excellent dose of Vitamins A, C and E provides the ultimate daily nutritional skin boost. Immerse your spirit in the jubilant aroma inspired by exotic feijoa and wild blackcurrant.
- Kiwi seed oil: High in Omega 3 as well as Vitamins C and E, to help improve skin elasticity and reduce fine lines.
- Blackcurrant: Antioxidant-rich and high in Vitamins C and E, it has the ability to absorb and neutralise free radical damage.
- Meadowfoam flower oil: Coveted for its moisturising and rejuvenating benefits – even for very dry or cracked skin.
This potent formulation targets skin texture noticeably smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, correcting signs of sun damage while visibly redensifying thinning skin and increasing hydration levels.
- Phyto-Peptides: Noticeably increase Collagen Type I, III and IV production, visibly reducing fine lines and wrinkles; while strengthening and protecting Collagen fibres from degradation redensifying and firming the skin.
- Tyrosinase Inhibitors from Rumex Plant Extract Regulate skin pigmentation to noticeably lighten the skin’s surface visibly reducing age spots and sun damage pigmentation.
- Sweet Almond Oil rich in Fatty Acids and Vitamins A, B1, B2 and B6: Leave the skin looking hydrated, smooth, supple and radiant.
Rich buttercream moisturizes, softens and deeply nourishes with anti-aging vitamins and antioxidants. Truly, 100% Pure - never any artificial fragrances, synthetic chemicals, toxic preservatives, or any other unsafe ingredients. Made only with the highest quality nutrients for your skin.
Long-lasting and non-greasy, it’s enriched with shea butter, cocoa seed oil, grape seed oil, and olive oil, which deliver ultimate softening and moisturizing benefits. It’s naturally unscented and contains naturally antibacterial rosemary extract to leave hands subtly refreshed with a soft, herbal scent.
Designed to soften, smooth and sooth, Deliverance Kowhai Flower Hand Cream is rich in Vitamin E and Avocado Oil which work synergistically to nurture the skin with antioxidant protection and essential Fatty Acids.
- Grape Seed, Wheat Germ and Rosehip Oil: Rich in free radical-fighting Antioxidants, leave skin looking supple and radiant.
- Cold Pressed Orange Peel oil: Contains powerful antioxidants that leave skin looking supple and toned.
- Rosehip and Camellia Seed Oil: Work to improve skin hydration, while also helping repair the appearance of skin damaged by oxidative stress, noticeably increasing smoothness.
- Polysaccharides from Aloe Vera: Help the skin appear de-stressed and soothed.
- Vanillin from Vanilla: Provides uplifting and calming aromatic properties.
- Flavonoids and Omega 3 and 6, from Sea Buckthorn Berry
Hydrates and repairs dry, chapped and sensitive hands.
- Sea Buckthorn: Rich in antioxidants, Carotenoids and a rare form of Palmitoleic Acid (Omega 7), this oil is effective at nourishing the skin and promotes skin suppleness and softness.
- Fragonia: Fragonia essential oil is thought to have similar anti-bacterial properties to Tea Tree oil.
Visibly reduces wrinkle depth:
- When comparing the use of Biological GHK with collagen injections, Biological GHK showed a higher amount of collagen in the skin. Biological GHK also visibly decreases wrinkle depth by 15% in 15 days.
- Contains a biotechnological derivative of the mushroom, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp, shown to be 400 x more moisturising than Hyaluronic Acid.
- Skin moisture content can be increased by 11% in just 12 hours thanks to the inclusion of an algae ferment. This incredible increase equates to 21% in 24 hours and 32% in 30 days.
- In addition, Sacha Inchi oil and Maize Propanediol work together to form a protective moisture barrier, ensuring that the skin is able to hold on to this new-found moisture.