What is Alpha Lipoic Acid used for?
In the beauty industry, we love antioxidants. These are the amazing compounds that help us combat the damage from oxidative stress and free radicals. This damage can be far reaching and impacts cells all over your body including skin and hair. It can cause dryness, loss of luster, fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, etc. The need for antioxidants therefore cannot be overstated.
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) is one such antioxidant that helps stabilize free radicals and stop oxidative stress. It is, in fact, the most powerful of all antioxidants. This is due to the fact that it is both fat and water soluble unlike other antioxidants which are either fat or water soluble and not both. This property gave ALA its epithet as the “universal antioxidant” since it is unique among antioxidants.
400 times stronger than both Vitamins E and C combined, ALA prevents both aging and inflammation. It is a powerful metabolic compound that increases energy production in skin cells, assists in the regeneration of vitamins C and E, boosts collagen production, and protects skin against free radical inflammation including UV radiation.
ALA has the ability to penetrate the skin’s surface and even the membrane of skin cells. It therefore heals skin not just from the outside but from deep inside skin cells as well. It boosts cell regeneration by removing dead skin cells from the surface of the skin giving way for healthier and well protected new cells. It regulates oil production as well to ensure that pores don’t get clogged by over or under production of oil.
ALA helps reduce scar tissue when applied topically. It also protects the polyunsaturated fats from being damaged by free radicals which helps skin retain its youthful supple appearance. It also reduces fine lines and wrinkles. It anti-inflammatory properties help reduce puffiness, redness, and promote a more even and brighter skin tone.
As illustrated, ALA is a popular ingredient in beauty products to improve the quality of your skin.
SEE BELOW FOR SOME OF THE PRODUCTS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE!
This treatment visibly improves skin tone and texture. With regular use, it smooths and refines the skin while preventing free radical damage. Alpha lipoic acid is an antioxidant found in every cell in the body. It defends against environmental stress and renews and rejuvenates skin.
- Alpha lipoic acid: a potent antioxidant that restores and renews the skin's appearance
Healthy, hydrating foundation gives you full coverage and a satin, slightly dewy finish for a glowing complexion. Formulated with hydrating aloe, protective green tea, anti-aging red wine resveratrol and Alpha Lipoic Acid, reparative vitamin E, and skin-softening super fruit oils of pomegranate and acai berries. Colored from vitamin and antioxidant rich plant pigments.
- ACAI BERRY: Acai Berry heals and protects with antioxidants.
- ALPHA LIPOIC ACID: Alpha Lipoic Acid lessens signs of aging.
- GRAPE: Grape fights signs of aging with resveratrol.
- GREEN TEA: Green Tea tones and protects with antioxidants.
- ALOE: Aloe heals and recovers.
- HPR: Revolutionary new form of vitamin A that is bioavailable in its current state without the need of any inefficient metabolic steps (retinol requires 2). Works to dramatically reduce the appearance of wrinkles & discolouration, revealing beautiful, youthful skin.
- Phytoceramide: Aids in moisture retention, leading to more plumped up, hydrated skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: The salt of hyaluronic acid (HA), sodium hyaluronate, has been shown to have better skin penetrating capabilities than HA alone. Helps to plump up and moisturize the skin while reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Oat Beta Glucan: Naturally hydrates and soothes the skin. Oat beta glucan has been shown reduce the appearance of wrinkles while also having a tightening effect.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: A powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory qualities that has been shown to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
Hydrates, strengthens and fortifies combination, normal to dry and dehydrated skin with an antioxidant-rich blend of moisturizing ingredients.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – Potent antioxidant. Defends against free radicals.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen – Holds and maintains moisture in the skin. Conditioning and emollient.
- Soy Isoflavones – Supports production of Hyaluronic Acid in the skin, increasing hydration. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Retinyl Palmitate – Improves signs of aging with gradual skin resurfacing, increasing skin elasticity, smoothing texture and promoting collagen synthesis.
- D-BETA Fructan – A polysaccharide that stimulates the immune function of the skin. It balances skin's moisture retention, helps skin to self-moisturize and acts as an anti-inflammatory.