What is Bentonite Clay used for?
Formed from volcanic ash, bentonite clay has been used for centuries to promote better health and to ward off diseases. It is increasingly becoming a very popular clay due to its potent properties and its versatility. Rich in a range of minerals including calcium, magnesium, silica, sodium, copper, iron, and potassium, bentonite clay can powerfully deliver a boost of essential vitamins and minerals.
Bentonite clay absorbs positively charged impurities by sticking to their molecules or ions and when leaving the body, it takes these toxins and other molecules with it. This property gives bentonite clay potent detoxifying properties enabling it to expel toxins and even heavy metals from your body. It also has antibacterial properties and can fight off pathogens responsible for disease.
Its detoxing properties helps boost digestive health when consumed internally. It protects the lining of your intestines by preventing toxins from getting through and hence protects against leaky gut syndrome and all its associated health issues. It has also been linked with promoting weight loss when consumed in conjunction with an alkaline rich diet with plenty of probiotics and prebiotics.
Bentonite clay is also useful for people suffering from high cholesterol which is the leading cause of heart disease. A dangerous condition, it causes fats to build up in the blood vessels leading to heart attacks or strokes. In a study conducted on rats, the internal consumption of bentonite clay increased the amount of cholesterol excreted in their stool thus lowering cholesterol levels in the body.
These effective properties of bentonite clay also make it a great ingredient for skin care and hair care as well. Its detoxifying properties help in the fight against acne. It pulls out excess sebum and bacteria from the skin, unclogging pores and clarifying the skin of dead skin cells and the bacteria and impurities that cause acne. This ability to slough off dead skin cells also makes bentonite clay a wonderful exfoliator leaving your skin softer, smoother, and healthier.
Its healing properties make it a natural remedy for skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, bug bites, poison ivy, and dermatitis. Its mineral rich nature helps infuse your skin and hair with essential minerals and hence remineralizes your skin, hair, and even teeth. Bentonite clay helps boost scalp and hair health by clarifying, eliminating toxins, removing product build-up, and reducing excess sebum from hair and scalp.
BELOW YOU CAN FIND THE PRODUCTS THAT MAKE USE OF BENTONITE CLAY!
An aluminum-free deodorant that provides long-lasting protection against odor.
- Silk Amino Acids: Hydrate and condition skin.
- Cocoa Butter: Helps prevent discoloration caused by shaving.
- Arrowroot Powder and Bentonite Clay: Helps absorb moisture.
- Sodium Bicarbonate: Adjusts pH and absorbs moisture.
- Step 1: CLEANSE Activated Charcoal + Kaolin Clay Soap is a natural soap fortified with powerful magnet-like properties of Activated Charcoal and mineral-rich Kaolin clay. Designed to effectively remove impurities this potent combination leaves your skin feeling cleansed and refreshed. This purifying formula is scented with Grapefruit and Spearmint essential oils that energize the senses with a refreshing zing.
- Step 2: EXFOLIATE Cleansing Scrub is an effective scrub that utilizes cleansing properties of Moroccan Black Soap, detoxifying power of Bentonite Clay + Activated Charcoal and exfoliating effects of Bamboo Powder. While Bamboo Powder gently polishes the underarm skin, a combination of mineral-rich Bentonite Clay and magnet-like properties of Activated Charcoal remove impurities, leaving the skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
- Step 3: NURTURE Balancing Serum is a freshly prepared, botanical infusion of soothing blooms of Calendula and Chamomile, along with skin-balancing, plant-based oils. This light, vitamin-rich serum restores youthful glow, seals moisture in and nurtures the skin.
Purge your skin of blemishes and breakouts with this Purifying Mask, which is highly concentrated in plant ingredients and grape seed oil for quick, effective results.
- White Clays (Bentonite and Kaolin): Purify and absorb impurities.
- Cypress, Sage, and Lavender: Tighten with natural astringents.
- Chamomile Extract: Soothes.
- Zinc: Balances sebum.
- Olive Squalane and Grape Seed Oil: Moisturize.
Get gritty with this ultimate fighter. Blemishes can bite the dust and oily skin gets KO’d
This green and black powerhouse detox blend combines charcoal, clay, willowherb, aloe vera and kale extract. Wear it as a mask, then massage to loosen all the rest of the junk hiding out on your beautiful skin ready to wreak havoc. Send a finishing blow to damaging oxidized oil, blemishes, blackheads and skin clogging nasties.