What is Cocoa Butter good for?
The humble cacao bean brings forth so many yields. While it is taken mostly to mean chocolate, it also gives us a fat that is a nutritional powerhouse – cocoa butter. Extracted from the beans, cocoa butter has a lot of benefits for hair and skin care.
Cocoa Butter for Skin
Cocoa butter is extremely rich in antioxidants which we all know help combat the free radicals that oxidize skin cells and damage your skin. Rich in oleic acid, palmitic acid, and stearic acid, cocoa butter creates a layer of protection on the skin from environmental toxins and free radicals. It slows down premature signs of aging and prevents the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Also rich in polyphenols, cocoa butter improves skin elasticity and boosts collagen production restoring health to dry and damaged skin.
Cocoa butter has a high content of saturated fats which makes it a powerful moisturizer. It deeply hydrates the skin and its emollient properties ensure moisture is locked into the skin all day long. However, cocoa butter has a high comedogenic rating of 4 which means it may clog pores and cause breakouts if you have oily skin and are prone to breakouts. Despite this, its ability to intensely hydrate and protect skin makes this a wonderful ingredient in a plethora of beauty products including moisturizers, conditioners, lip balms, etc.
Cocoa Butter for Hair
Cocoa butter is extremely beneficial to hair care as well. Its hydrating and emollient properties help to deeply nourish the hair shafts and condition them. This leaves hair silky, smooth, less frizzy, and much easier to manage. It is a wonderful pre-wash hair treatment. It can also be used as a conditioner during your shower as well as a leave in conditioner. Healthy and conditioned hair is less likely to break and have split ends so your hair is overall healthier and more resilient.
It also improves scalp health by creating a natural, healthy oil production which can reduce dandruff and also produce healthy hair follicles resulting in thicker and stronger hair. In addition this, there is strong anecdotal evidence to suggest that the use of cocoa butter can prevent stretch marks and also lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
READ MORE FOR OUR PRODUCTS THAT HARNESS THE BENEFITS OF COCOA BUTTER!
- For Sensitive and Irritated Skin
- Highest quality, naturally occurring ingredients
An innovative all-natural lipstick formula
- Cocoa Butter: Cocoa Butter softens and moisturizes.
- Cherry: Cherry protects and heals skin with antioxidants.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate reduces wrinkles and brightens.
- Blueberry: Blueberry nourishes and protects skin from signs of aging.
- Grape: Grape fights signs of aging with resveratrol.
- deeply replenishing
- Also includes jojoba, macadamia, flax and sunflower
- No artificial fragrances, synthetic chemicals, toxic preservatives, or any other unsafe ingredients
- highest quality nutrients
- Moisturizing cocoa and avocado butters
- Simply Vanilla: A very light pure vanilla scent with certified organic vanilla from Madagascar.
- Simply Cocoa: A very light natural cocoa butter scent with certified organic cocoa.