- Apr 04, 2020
- 0 Comment(s)
The Red-Carpet Cornerstone Ingredient For Glowing Skin
The innumerable benefits of Vitamin C for your skin
At Socialite Beauty, we absolutely love Vitamin C and honestly what isn’t there to love? Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant making it a common ingredient for anti-aging. Collagen and elastin production in skin naturally declines as we age leading to the common signs of ageing like fine lines, wrinkles, and dryness. Vitamin C stimulates and boosts collagen and elastin production to visibly improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and crows feet.
Vitamin C tackles free radical damage caused by UV radiation and other environmental stressors. It powerfully encourages healthy skin cell production, growth, and regeneration. It keeps skin firm and healthy with its ability to penetrate deeper layers of skin to stimulate tissue developing cell. It has powerful nourishing properties resulting in smoother and softer skin. It restores resilience of skin while sloughing off dead skin cells to brighten up your radiance and complexion.
Vitamin C is extremely effective in promoting a healthier, brighter and more even skin tone. It’s ability to boost skin cell regeneration helps in healing scar tissue and reduces blemishes, dark spots and hyperpigmentation. It rejuvenates skin and restores its glow. It’s nourishing properties help lock moisture and nutrients deep into your epidermis, giving you plump and hydrated skin which is supple and less prone to cracking and damage.
Vitamin C is also good for your hair and your health
These amazing properties of vitamin C translate to great scalp and hair health as well. It’s antioxidant properties powerfully rejuvenate and restore lacklustre tresses by reducing the damage of oxidative stress and preventing further damage. It promotes healthy and lustrous hair while softening strands by nourishing them and locking moisture into the shaft.
Not just great for skin and hair, vitamin C can improve your overall health. It boosts immunity while lowering cortisol levels, improving your mood, reducing fat storage and contributing to weight loss. It’s detoxifying properties support liver functions and flush your body of toxins. The anti-inflammatory properties relax vessels to support better circulation and blood pressure. It alleviates fatigue to give you an overall more active lifestyle.
There is literally no reason for vitamin C to not be a part of your daily skincare, hair care, and overall health routine. In addition to oral supplements, be sure to check out our website for over 200 products that have incorporated this wonder vitamin in their formulations to give you the best skin and hair of your life.
SEE BELOW FOR SOME OF OUR TOP PRODUCTS WITH VITAMIN C!
JOANNA VARGAS RESCUE SERUM
This concentrated, corrective Vitamin C serum will brighten skin and boost radiance. The hydrating, antioxidant-packed formula nourishes skin against daily exposure to the sun and pollution, making signs of aging less noticeable.
- ELDERBERRY EXTRACT: A powerful antioxidant and natural detoxifying agent.
- VITAMIN C: Shields the skin from free radicals.
- VITAMIN E: Softens skin.
- SQUALANE: Moisturizes skin.
- FATTY ACIDS: Deeply hydrates the lipid layer.
BYBI BEAUTY C-CAF CREAM
A nutrient dense and super nourishing day cream packed into a light, silky and easily absorbed texture, making it the perfect everyday moisturizer. Powerful, antioxidant-rich ingredients, leave the skin hydrated and with a healthy complexion for an enhanced natural glow. Pomegranate, caffeine and matcha quickly target skin that’s feeling dry, dull or lacklustre whilst vitamin c visibly brightens the skin; helping with hyperpigmentation, scars and uneven skin tone. Vitamin c, along with matcha, is antioxidant-rich and helps to repair and protect against free radical damage caused by environmental stressors. This also targets your skin’s natural regeneration process, leading to a smoother and bouncier texture. Caffeine stimulates and energizes, helping to reduce morning puffiness and invigorate sleepy complexions, whilst pomegranate and orange blossom soothe and refresh.
THE ORDINARY ETHYLATED ASCORBIC ACID 15% SOLUTION
An exceptionally-stable solution of 15% Ethylated Ascorbic Acid, this water-free formula offers a direct-acting approach to achieving a radiant, healthy-looking skin tone. Unlike other Vitamin C derivatives, this ethylated form acts directly like Vitamin C, is closer in molecular weight to actual Vitamin C which allows for faster visible results, and offers a much better stability profile than any known direct-acting form of Vitamin C.
CAUDALIE® VINE[ACTIV] VITAMIN C ANTI-WRINKLE SERUM
A highly-concentrated antioxidant serum packed with vitamin C and E to brighten and enhance glow, and hydrating micro-hyaluronic acid to moisturize.
- Stabilized Vitamin C: Brightens, visibly firms, evens skin tone, and fights free radicals with antioxidants.
- Vitamin E: Protects with antioxidants and retains skin’s natural moisture.
- Grape Seed Polyphenols and Spruce Extract: Protect with antioxidants and combat pollution.
- Micro Hyaluronic Acid: Hydrates and plumps.
MAD HIPPIE TRIPLE C NIGHT CREAM
A deeply hydrating treatment packed with 3 forms of vitamin C, potent antioxidants & adaptogens.
- Triple C - 3 bioavailable forms of vitamin C, each with distinct biological processes, join forces to rejuvenate and protect the skin from exposure to daily stressors.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate & Ascorbyl Glucoside, all incredibly bioavailable & effective forms of vitamin C, work to brighten the skin and reduce the appearance of discoloration, while lessening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reishi - Known as the "mushroom of immortality" in Chinese medicine, reishi is a powerful adaptogen that is packed with antioxidants and hydrating elements.
- Sodium PCA – A naturally occurring humectant, Sodium PCA helps bind moisture to the skin, dramatically improving skin hydration.
- Cloudberry - A revered Nordic berry notorious for its ability to grow in the harshest of conditions, Cloudberry is packed with rejuvenating antioxidants such as vitamin C & beta carotene that help even the complexion and brighten!
- Turmeric extract - A powerhouse antioxidant great for acne-prone skin, turmeric extract helps lighten the appearance of skin discoloration and provide antioxidant protection. Turmeric extract gives the benefits of the revered ancient herb, without the yellow staining effect of standard turmeric.
- Chaga - A natural adaptogen packed with powerful antioxidants including superoxide dismutase and zinc. Works to rejuvenate and protect the skin from daily stressors and exposure to pollutants.
- Shea Butter - Used in Africa for centuries for its moisturizing & soothing properties, shea butter is a rich source of the powerful antioxidants vitamin A & E, crucial fatty acids and cinnamic acid.
- Ceramide - Forms a thin lipid barrier that holds in moisture, while protecting & nourishing the skin.
JOANNA VARGAS VITAMIN C FACE WASH
The Vitamin C Face Wash is the first step needed to amplify your skincare routine and give you the skin you always wanted. Crafted to gently remove grime, makeup and daily pollutants with a medley of vitamin C ingredients. Using some of the most powerful antioxidants known, Acai and Goji berry with a mixture of citrus oils, it revitalizes and balances the appearance your skin. This facial cleanser will leave your skin clean, clear, and glowing.
- GALACTOARABINAN: Derived from the larch tree, exfoliates faster than any lactic or glycolic acid.
- VITAMIN C: Provides protection against the harmful UV rays that inevitably etch fine lines and wrinkles into the skin.
- ACAI & GOJI BERRY: Powerful antioxidants that revitalize and balance the pigment and texture of the skin.
- HYALURONIC ACID: Retains moisture.