What are the benefits of Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera – a versatile botanical powerhouse that needs no introduction. An extremely popular ingredient in a range of beauty products, Aloe Vera has immense benefits for your skin and hair. So what are these benefits and what makes Aloe Vera such a go to ingredient? The answer lies in the gooey translucent that is inside the leaves of the Aloe Vera plant. It is made up of around 96% water, 18 of the 20 amino acids found in the body, and Vitamins A, B, C, and E. Another extremely important compound that is found in Aloe Vera gel is Acemannan. A complex carbohydrate, it allows nutrients to reach cells and nourish them while at the same time relieving them of toxins.
Using Aloe Vera for your face
Rich in Vitamin C, E, and beta carotene gives Aloe Vera powerful nourishing and anti-ageing properties preventing the formation of free radicals. It increases the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity resulting in more youthful and supple skin. It is also a potent moisturizer. Its high water content ensures that it softens skin without making it greasy and without clogging pores. This makes it particularly useful for people with oily skin. It locks moisture into the skin and makes the top layer of skin cells stick together resulting in smoother and softer skin. It also lightens dark spots and heals scar tissue.
High in Zinc, Aloe Vera gel also works as an astringent to tighten pores and hence Aloe Vera also makes for a great toner. This also ensures excess sebum, dirt, and other microbes are kept out of the pores of the skin. Aloe Vera is also beneficial to combat acne and skin blemishes. It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agents, Gibberellins and Polysaccharides, which work on the oil glands that cause acne and also stimulate new cell growth. Rich in salicylic acid, an exfoliant, Aloe Vera helps unclog pores and prevents the formation of acne and blackheads.
Using Aloe Vera on your hair
Aloe Vera is just as valuable for hair and scalp health. It stimulates hair growth by increasing blood circulation to the scalp and delivers important vitamins and minerals notably proteolytic enzymes which repair dead skin cells on the scalp. It eases itching and dandruff. It maintains the pH level of the scalp which in turn encourages healthier hair. It also improves hair elasticity preventing breakage and weak hair. By promoting hydration in your locks, it keeps hair smooth, nourished and virtually free of frizz.
We could go on and on about the very many benefits of this wonderful plant. But it’s best to try it for yourself.
READ BELOW TO SEE WHICH OF OUR PRODUCTS USE ALOE VERA AS A KEY INGREDIENT!
InDune handmade soaps deliver moisture and hydration from Aloe Vera Gel. They can treat sensitive or irritated skin, and reduce the appearance of scars and fine lines. Our bar soap is handcrafted from the highest quality, naturally occurring ingredients, and scented with essential oils for a cleansing, refreshing product. When you’re trying to get clean, you don’t want a product that dries your skin out, as certain soaps tend to do.
A soothing post-sun mist with aloe vera and therapeutic botanicals to alleviate irritation from sun exposure.
- Soothing aloe vera, cooling mint and therapeutic lavender deliver natural relief to inflamed skin.
- Ideal for after sun exposure or any time the skin needs to cool down.
- Lavender essential oil acts as a natural anti-inflammatory, alleviating redness and heat.
- Peppermint essential oil soothes and cools skin
- Imparts a calming, floral aroma.
When the going gets rough, it’s time to make a smooth move with this fuzz-fighting favorite. An infusion of aloe vera, ginkgo biloba, peppermint and vitamin E help hydrate skin and soften unwanted hair for effortless razor glide and reduced risk of nicks, cuts and irritation.
- for normal or combination skin
- hydro-active cream
Create beautiful and touchable soft waves or bring lived-in curls back to life. Rich in minerals and amethyst crystal, this unique, hydrating Pink Himalayan salt spray adds texture and volume to the hair while aloe vera provides moisture to prevent parched ends.
- Pink Himalayan salt — this salt is made from rock crystals that have been mined from areas close to the Himalayas, often in Pakistan. It gets its rosy hue from trace minerals in the salt, like magnesium, potassium and calcium. This kind of salt was formed more than 250 million years ago, making it one of the oldest minerals known to man.
- Aloe Vera — a versatile ingredient gives hair strength and a silky texture. Aloe brings fullness and manageability to the finest hair. We are utilizing Aloe Vera because of its ability to hydrate the hair and keep moisture locked in. Aloe conditions, smooths the hair cuticle and adds shine.
- Lavender and Angelica — these ingredients are combined for our beautiful fragrance. Associated with spiritual love, lavender stimulates our emotional centers and reprograms the mind, making it one of the primary essential oils for inducing peace and calming the emotions.