- Nov 04, 2019
- 0 Comment(s)
The Benefits of Flaxseed Oil
What are the Benefits of Flaxseed Oil?
In use for centuries, particularly in the Mediterranean region, flaxseed Oil is a rich source of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Highly coveted for its high concentration of Omega 3 fatty acids, it is just as beneficial for skin and hair care.
Flaxseed Oil for Skin
It has powerful anti-inflammatory properties making it extremely beneficial for reducing skin redness, allergies, irritation, and tissue inflammation. The alpha-linolenic acid in the oil gives it the ability to combat acne and other common skin conditions like psoriasis. It reduces serum production and helps unclog pores, facilitating and accelerating skin detoxification. The Asphytoestrogens in the oil also balance estrogen hormones resulting in clearer skin from inside out.
Its high omega-3 content makes it a potent moisturizer. It forms a barrier on the skin to prevent moisturize loss improving skin hydration. Flaxseed Oil also increases collagen production, improving the elasticity of your skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of ageing. The Lignans in the oil are potent antioxidants which also help brighten skin, fade dark spots and hyperpigmentation, and balance pH of the skin. Regular use of flaxseed oil can, therefore, result in softer, smoother, brighter, more youthful skin with an even skin tone.
Flaxseed Oil for Hair
Flaxseed oil is just as potent, if not more, for hair and scalp care. Being one of the most nutrient-dense oils on the market today, it can promote a healthy scalp with healthy and lustrous hair. It is an intensely hydrating oil due to the omega 3 fatty acids, proteins, fiber and essential minerals present in the oil. It absorbs quickly and moisturizes every strand of hair internally as well as externally. This also gives hair a healthy sheen, reducing frizz and tangles.
Its high vitamin E content also protects against hair loss and stimulates hair growth. The Lignans, potent antioxidants, help in regrowth of healthier and stronger hair. It also reduces hair breakage and boosts hair growth, elasticity, and strength. It also prevents flaking of the scalp and nourishes the scalp from within, providing intense relief from dandruff and other scalp irritations.
A powerful and versatile oil, it can be used in a wide range of beauty products to nourish hair and skin.
BELOW WE LIST SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS THAT USE FLAXSEED OIL IN THEIR FORMULATIONS!
ANTIPODES GRAPESEED BUTTER CLEANSER
Featuring revolutionary Vinanza Grape from New Zealand’s sauvignon blanc grape seeds. Soothing lavender and blue chamomile partner to help calm sensitive skin as well as refresh and cleanse, while hibiscus bloom has gentle exfoliating action. Helps balance oil production and also boost dry and thirsty skin.
- Vinanza Grape: This revolutionary antioxidant extract improves elasticity and firmness.
- Harakeke flax: The oil extracted from this native flax deeply moisturises skin, with antiseptic qualities that soothe and calm.
- Hibiscus flower: These tropical blooms bring brightness not only to nature, but also to your skin's appearance.
INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY HYDRATING CREAM CONDITIONER
Repair and restore dry, coarse and damaged hair with this rich treatment masque crafted with flax seed, shea butter, coconut and tamanu oils and quinoa to repair hair while delivering rich hydration and shine.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera known for healing hair and scalp. An effective conditioner leaving hair smooth and shiny. Shea Butter, an intense moisturizer, high in fatty acids, nutrients.
- Monoi Oil: restores luster to dry brittle hair, conditions and deeply penetrates imparting great shine and body. Flax Seed high in Omega-3 fatty acids. Restores strength and elasticity, reducing breakage.
- Tamanu: is abundant with essential fatty acids and nutrients to regenerate, strengthen and protect. Lightweight and easily absorbed into the hair without build up. Rich in nutrients, vitamins, proteins and amino acids.
PACIFICA BEAUTY FRENCH LILAC BODY BUTTER TUBE
This fresh scent conjures spring with a blend of lilac, magnolia leaves, heliotrope, ylang-ylang, hyacinth and subtle notes of nectarine. This body butter helps fight signs of aging while adding deep moisture and protection. Made with nature's best moisturizers – shea butter, almond oil, safflower oil, vitamin E and flaxseed oil. Pacifica’s paraben-free Body Butter is a skin must-have. Smell incredible with these nourishing and anti-oxidant rich ingredients.