- Aug 19, 2019
- 0 Comment(s)
BIG Hydration Series - 3. Coconut Water
Coconut water is all the rage these days with this tropical drink available everywhere and it’s many benefits being touted in health circles. With a focus on improving hydration levels in the skin, let’s take a deeper look at this drink and see what the rage is all about.
The most famous property of coconut water is its high potassium content. This makes it perfect for flushing your body with electrolytes after a regular workout as opposed to with sugary sports drinks. It has less calories and lower carbohydrate content than alternatives. Coconut water is also rich in both calcium and magnesium making it a great drink to support your bones and muscles with.
What are the Benefits of Coconut Water
Coconut water contains antioxidants which help prevent oxidative stress which damages the cells in your body and can cause diseases. It is also rich in cytokinin which is a plant hormone that has shown anti-cancer properties which may reduce the growth of cancer cells though more research is needed to determine this for a fact. The lauric acid in coconut water has strong antibacterial properties which make it useful in the fight against acne and breakouts.
Coconut water has been shown to lower blood pressure and improve cholesterol levels thereby improving cardiovascular health. It is also a powerful detoxifier since it has a similar electrolyte profile as human blood making it a perfect drink to flush toxins from the body. Coconut water also has less calories and sugar compared to even fruit juices which makes it a great drink if you’re trying to lose weight.
It is also linked to an improvement in diabetes and prevention in the formation of kidney stones, though again more research is needed in these areas. It is a natural diuretic and its high fiber content can also help improve bowel movements. It contains iron and manganese which makes it wonderful for treating diarrhea. It has bio-active compounds which can also reduce the occurrence of acid reflux.
To summarize, coconut water has a rich nutritional profile with sugars, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and phytohormones making it a powerful ally in our quest to ensure adequate hydration.
TO SEE OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS CONTAINING COCONUT WATER, READ BELOW!
PACIFICA BEAUTY COCONUT WATER MICELLAR CLEANSING TONIC
Simple step Cleansing that requires no water and no rinsing!
- Coconut Water
- Grapefruit Water
- Cruelty Free
- No animal testing
- No parabéns, phthalates, mineral oils or petroleum E
HERBIVORE ROSE HIBISCUS HYDRATING FACE MIST
A fresh new way to stay pretty, featuring coconut water and rose.
- Coconut Water: “noelani,” which translates to “dew from the heavens.”
- Hibiscus Flower
- Rose Water
- Witch Hazel
- Aloe Vera
- Cruelty Free
- All Natural Ingredients
GLO SKIN BEAUTY PHYTO-ACTIVE TONING MIST
A Mist that deeply hydrates and supports skin.
- Coconut Water – A lightweight, refreshing hydrator and potent skin revitalizer. Contains regenerating and balancing properties.
- Papyrus Leaf Stem Cell – Replenishes critical moisture to help maintain water content within the epidermis, restore skin's protective barrier and prevent dehydration. Clinical studies show a 33% increase in water retention capabilities 30 minutes after application, helping reduce surface dehydration.
- Cucumber – Known for its anti-inflammatory effect, this ingredient is high in water, amino acid, protein, lipid and Vitamin C content. Cucumber relieves irritation, puffiness and dehydration. Contains Silica, which helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines.