How do Ceramides help your skin?
Ceramides are a common ingredient in a lot of skin care products and many skin care experts can’t stop raving about this compound. If you’re not sure what ceramides are, don’t worry. We are here to fill you in on what exactly ceramides are and how they can aid us in our quest for problem free skin.
Ceramides are fats or lipids whose function is to keep the structure of your skin cells intact and seal everything into your skin cells. It protects your skin by ensuring all essential compounds and hydration is kept inside. Even though ceramides are naturally produced in the skin, the production of ceramides decreases as we age and hence the importance of adding ceramides to your skin care routine.
Ceramides help improve skin barrier function and hence increase resistance to aging related dryness. They are an intense and potent moisturizer since they trap all the hydration inside the skin cells. This helps reduce the severity of conditions like eczema and psoriasis. It also improves the overall quality of skin by reducing the appearance of roughness, wrinkles, irritation, redness, and other signs of visible dehydration.
In addition to their emollient properties which leave skin softer and plumper with less signs of wrinkles and lines, ceramides also protect the skin from environmental stressors and pollution. They act as agents that keep foreign invaders out of your skin and hence ensure that it is more resilient in the face of toxins.
The many benefits of Ceramides
Ceramides are also a natural compound found in hair cuticles. They work to hold the scales of the hair cuticle together which results in smooth and lustrous hair. With a reduction in ceramides, hair becomes dry and coarse. Ceramides make hair healthier and reduce breakage while immediately improving the appearance of hair. They also reduce scalp conditions which cause dryness and flakiness like dandruff.
READ MORE BELOW FOR OUR PRODUCTS THAT GIVE YOU THE AMAZING BENEFITS OF CERAMIDE!
Luxurious and rich balm with plant ceramides and cloud berry extracts.
- PLANT CERAMIDES: Organic Rice Micro Ceramides replenish skin barrier , strengthen skin and prevent moisture loss. Moisture is locked deeply in the skin providing all day comfort, suppleness and glow.
- CALMING LIPOSOME: A proprietary blend of calming plant nutrients that deeply penetrate to support cellular regeneration and soothe the appearance of inflamed, irritated skin.
- CLOUDBERRY SEED OIL: Rich in essential fatty acids, plant sterols and antioxidants to deeply moisturize while reducing appearance of irritation and environmental damage.
- GOTU KOLA: Powerful rejuvenating herb firms skin and stimulates collagen for smooth youthful skin.
Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA is a non-greasy moisturizer with special hydrating compounds that are found naturally in healthy skin. This treatment offers immediate and long-lasting hydration and protects the skin against moisture loss. It replenishes compounds found in healthy, well-hydrated skin that may have depleted over time.
- Natural Moisturizing Factors: elements found naturally in the skin that keep it healthy, hydrated, and protected. They include amino acids, fatty acids, triglycerides, urea, ceramides, phospholipids, glycerin, saccharides, and sodium PCA.
- Hyaluronic acid: boosts the skin's moisture content for a plump, supple, and smooth appearance
Beta glucan-rich colloidal oats soothe and moisturize; coconut milk softens and fortifies; calendula calms; hyaluronic acid plumps skin with hydration; rice ceramides increase suppleness, and organic matcha green tea restores and protects against environmental damage.
An award-winning resculpting and recontouring cream that works overnight, while the skin's regeneration potential is at its peak, to visibly redefine facial contours along the cheekbones and jawline.
- Caudalie Patented Vine Resveratrol: Visibly resculpts and firms.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Plumps, hydrates, and improves the appearance of wrinkles.
Peptides: Visibly lift and redefine contours.
- Ceramides: Restore the skin barrier.