Brazil Nuts Health Benefits
Brazil nuts come from a tree in South America called the Brazil Nut Tree. Chockfull of nutrients, Brazil nuts have become an important part of the diets of wellness gurus. This is due, most notably, to their extremely high content of the trace mineral Selenium. What exactly is selenium and what is its function in our body which ultimately manifests in the health of our skin and hair?
What is Selenium good for?
Selenium is a powerful antioxidant that has a far reaching impact on both the internal and external functioning of our body. It is an important mineral to balance hormonal health, specifically in maintaining proper thyroid function. It also prevents oxidative stress and inflammation and can hence improve overall immunity. It is an important mineral for maintaining optimal health and longevity.
Used topically, selenium prevents premature aging by destroying the free radicals that damage skin cells and prevents signs of premature aging like wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, and blemishes. It safeguards cell membranes which is the protective coating around the cells and hence protects skin from oxidative stress and helps retain a youthful and healthy appearance. It protects against UV damage, inflammation, and pigmentation. Selenium protects skin from conditions like acne, pimples, and breakouts as well. It unclogs pores, detoxifies skin of impurities, and reduces inflammation to heal skin.
Selenium and its compounds have anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties as well. This helps combat the yeast that causes scalp issues like dandruff and also its symptoms – flaky, itchy, rough, scaly patches – as well as fungus that leads to itchiness and discoloration. This not only improves scalp health but also strengthens the hair roots and follicles thereby reducing hair fall. This makes it a popular ingredient in anti-dandruff and hair strengthening shampoos and conditioners.
The high content of selenium in Brazil nuts makes them the perfect snack to maintain good health. Eating just 2 or 3 of these a day can help you maintain your optimal health across a wide spectrum.
BRAZIL NUT OIL IS USED IN SEVERAL OF OUR PRODUCTS, SEE BELOW FOR MORE!
A fabulous assortment of acids, serums and oils for the skincare enthusiast.
- 1 x Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 (30ml): A hydrating formula with ultra-pure, vegan hyaluronic acid. Apply a few drops over the entire face in the AM and PM before creams.
- 1x Retinol 0.5% in Squalane (30ml): Retinol 0.5% in Squalane a lightweight serum with a moderate concentration of retinol in a squalane base. This treatment visibly reduces the signs of aging. It diminishes the look of wrinkles and fine lines, brightens dark spots and hyperpigmentation, and smooths and refines the skin’s texture. Apply a small amount at night before oils, moisturizers, and creams. Do not use this serum with other products containing retinoids, such as retinoic acid.
- 1 x Buffet + Copper Peptides(30ml): The "Buffet" + Copper Peptides 1% formula differs from the original "Buffet" as this formula includes a 1% concentration of pure Copper Peptides, increasing its focus on overall skin health. Apply to the entire face in the AM and PM after cleaning.
- "B" Oil (30ml) - “B” Oil solubilizes a purified form of micro-algae in a blend of squalane and oils of marula, argan, baobab, pataua, brazil nut, inca inchi, rosehip and borage to support healthy skin defense, to enhance radiance, to quench free radicals and to help balance pro-irritant mediators. The formula imparts a golden green hue and a mild herbal odour as a result of its high micro-algae concentration. Apply a few drops daily or as needed to entire face ideally after water-based treatments.
- 1x Pycnogenol 5% - 15ml: This powerhouse ingredient contains naturally-occurring procyanidins, bioflavonoids and organic acids that synergistically help maintain healthy levels of collagen and hyaluronic acid within the skin, resulting in enhanced hydration and elasticity. Apply alone or after water-based serums, before oils or heavier creams. Alternatively, mix with other treatments to enhance their antioxidant capacity significantly.
Support healthy skin defense, to enhance radiance, to quench free radicals and to help balance pro-irritant mediators.
A rich and decadent silicone-free hair mask that puts hair into rehab
- Delivers intense hydration to dry, damaged hair
- Helps give hair more strength, movement and shine
- Helps reduce hair breakage and provides heat protection
- 70% or more organic content
- Not tested on animals