What is the herb Lemon Balm good for?
Lemon balm is a member of the mint family. Known for the strong lemon scent in its leaves, it is popularly grown in locations all over the world. A perennial plant, lemon balm has many properties that make it useful for boosting overall health as well as some uses for skin care as well.
Lemon Balm's Topical Benefits
Rich in two particular compounds known as caffeic acid and ferulic acid, lemon balm has strong antioxidant properties that work powerfully when applied topically. These two compounds have the ability to penetrate through the top layers of skin and into the deeper cutaneous layers to provide intense protection against UV radiation and its associated skin damage.
Lemon balm is also rich in flavonoids and rosmarinic acid which compound the antioxidant impact on skin. All these powerful antioxidants work in conjunction to not only protect but also reverse signs of skin damage and aging. They help reduce fine lines and wrinkles to give you smoother and suppler skin while also improving your complexion.
Lemon balm is also rich in tannins which give it astringent and antiviral properties. This makes lemon balm great for combating acne and breakouts. It also ensures the deep cleansing and tightening of pores resulting in a reduction in black and whiteheads. It has a drying effect on skin which makes it great for people who have oily skin since it reduces excess oil production. This also ensures a reduction in clogged pores and acne/breakouts.
Its invigorating properties also ensure that it boost blood circulation in skin which improves the flow of oxygen and nutrition. This heals your skin from the inside out. Along with this, it has anti-inflammatory properties which help calm skin and alleviate swelling, irritations, and redness associated with acne and other forms of skin inflammations.
THESE POTENT PROPERTIES ARE PRESENT IN A NUMBER OF OUR PRODUCTS, READ MORE BELOW!
A mattifying yet hydrating moisturizer that traps oil and blackheads while addressing existing blemishes.
- Grape Seed Polyphenols: Provides antioxidant protection, and prevents oil from oxidizing, preventing blackheads.
- Complex of Essential Oils with Carrier Oils (Spearmint, Geranium, Lemongrass, Lavender, Rosemary, and Lemon Balm): 100 percent natural, non-photo-sensitizing, noncomedogenic, and antibacterial; provides antiseptic and calming properties to skin that diminish the appearance of blemishes and prevent new ones from occurring.
- Rosewater: Controls oil and enhances glow.
FOR THE WHOLE CAUDALIE® VINOPURE LINE THAT MAKES USE OF WONDERFUL LEMON BALM CLICK -HERE
Natural, non-toxic and cruelty-free solution to the iconic lip glosses of fashion-forward conventional makeup brands. Velvet Lip Gloss is hydrating, long lasting and impeccably comfortable to wear from dawn to dusk or the other way around.
- Lip-loving Myrrh, Lemon Balm and Iceland Moss nourish, restore and soothe
- Tasty Organic Fig, Lemon and Apricot
- Infused with antioxidant Green Tea
- Never sticky or tacky
- Chemical- and petroleum-free formula
Organic plumping liposomes lock in maximum moisture for naturally voluptuous lips. Never sticky or tacky, this exotic liquid gloss is bursting with antioxidants like Goji Berry, Green Tea and Açaí Berry. Make Elixir your sexiest makeup addiction.
- Organic liposomes deeply hydrate lips and lock in moisture
- Achieve a more full, voluptuous look without irritants
- Free of synthetic chemicals and petroleum
- Never sticky or tacky
- Infused with antioxidants like Green Tea, Goji and Açaí Berry
- Rejuvenating botanicals include Myrrh, Lemon Balm, Iceland Moss and Jojoba Oil