What are the health benefits of Lemongrass?
Native to tropical and subtropical countries in the Indian subcontinent as well as Indonesia and Malaysia, lemongrass is known for its citrusy scent and flavor in Eastern cuisine. It is also a popular herbal tea that is known for its calming effect.
Lemongrass has the ability to restore balance to the skin. It has antibacterial properties that help dry up acne and breakouts by combatting the bacteria that cause them. With powerful astringent properties, lemongrass works as a wonderful toner. It deeply cleanses pores to reduce blackheads and whiteheads. It then proceeds to tighten pores and reduce excess production of oil resulting in clearer skin with a more youthful appearance.
The amazing scent of Lemongrass
Lemongrass is wildly aromatic. It doesn’t, however, just make beauty products smell good. It also naturally deodorizes body odor making a perfect ingredient for a deodorant. With its antibacterial prowess, it also kills the bacteria that cause body odor resulting in wonderfully clean and sweet smelling pits without any of the harmful toxins that can wreak havoc on your lymphatic system.
Lemongrass is also a natural diuretic which reduces water retention. This helps reduce puffiness. This, along with its ability to breakdown fat cells and stimulate circulation, results in a reduction in the appearance of cellulite. It has anti-fungal properties as well which can combat fungal conditions like athletes foot and nail fungus.
Lemongrass for your crown
These properties also help combatting pesky scalp conditions like dandruff. Lemongrass is also a rich source of iron which can help reverse hair loss if it is caused by anemia. It balances oil production on the scalp and creates a conducive environment for hair follicles to grow. It unclogs pores and strengthens the hair roots.
Packed with Vitamins A and C, lemongrass helps restore shine and luster to hair. It protects the hair shaft from UV radiation and enhances elasticity. It coats each strand of hair which makes hair glossier and prevents frizzy hair. By boosting circulation, it also ensures increased oxygen flow and nutrition to strengthen hair.
WE HAVE MANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN LEMONGRASS, READ MORE TO FIND OUT WHICH ONES!
Scented with pure ginger, citrus and lemongrass essential oils, this Body Oil is truly divine for all skin types.
This body oil contains jojoba, rice bran, sunflower, and grapeseed oils that lock in moisture, as well as Mowrah butter--derived from the fruit kernels of the Madhuca tree in India--to reduce the degeneration of skin cells while promoting smooth, supple skin.
Voluminous Shampoo strengthens, clarifies, and nourishes hair while delivering noticeable volume and body.
- RAHUA (UNGURAHUA): Amazonian women have for eons depended on the oil from this tree nut to nurture and strengthen their hair. It fortifies weak, damaged strands, nourishes and maintains hair follicle and scalp health, and its super-fine molecules push color pigmentation deep into the hair shaft, greatly extending color endurance. We use Symbiotic®* Rahua.
- LAVENDER: Prized around the world since ancient times, the smoky, herbal scent of this flowering plant (ours is cultivated in France) calms the mind and soothes the senses.
- EUCALYPTUS: Well-known for refreshing and clarifying properties, it also helps to extend time between shampoos
- ORGANIC GREEN TEA: Cultivated throughout Asia, this tea is full of antioxidants which protect hair and scalp and aid in mitigating damage from harmful UV rays.
- ORGANIC LEMONGRASS: Extracts from this plant give hair bounce, body, and volume by gently removing excess oils from the scalp and hair shaft without compromising their moisture balance and integrity.
- ORGANIC ROSEMARY: This antioxidant and anti-inflammatory herb delivers protection from free radicals and a fresh, piney scent.
Deeply purifying facial cleanser in a base of detoxifying volcanic ash, pore minimizing bamboo charcoal and skin purging clay. Washes away makeup and other impurities while refreshing skin, without stripping or dehydrating. Anti-bacterial essential oils of spearmint, lemongrass and skin brightening lemon water invigorate and give you a healthy, glowing complexion.