- Mar 08, 2020
- 0 Comment(s)
The Beauty Of Caffeine: Ways Of Using Coffee in Skin & Body Care
Health Benefits of Coffee
This is for everyone who loves their morning cup of Joe. With the number of coffee shops, baristas, and cafes, there is no doubt coffee has really carved a substantial space in cultures around the world today. Originating from Sufi monasteries in Yemen, this powerful elixir is not just a great pick me up but has a myriad of properties that make it amazing for beauty care.
Coffee as a Scrub
Coffee, used topically, is known to be great at banishing the bane of so many women’s existence – cellulite! This is due to the high caffeine content which dilates blood vessels beneath the skin, improving blood circulation. It also dehydrates fatty cells. Both of these contribute to the reduction in the appearance of cellulite and dimply skin.
Coffee is also a great exfoliator. With the grounds not dissolving in water, it can be used effectively to scrub away dead skin cells. Coffee also contains caffeic acid which is an antioxidant that protects the skin from free radical damage. It boosts collagen production leaving skin more elastic and reducing damage caused by UV rays and premature signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. It also has the benefit of not being harsh on the skin so it exfoliates without stripping the skin of its natural oils.
Coffee has anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce skin inflammations and redness. In conjunction with its antimicrobial properties, this helps reduce acne and breakouts as well. Coffee works wonderfully on dark circles and puffy eyes as well, helping to retivalize and brighten skin due to its high caffeine content and compounds such as chlorogenic acids, which reduce inflammation and increase blood circulation.
Coffee for Hair
Coffee is a wonder bean for hair and scalp care as well. Being naturally acidic, it helps balance the pH of the scalp which improves the overall condition and health of hair. It can also be a natural dye, helping darken hair without any toxic chemicals that cause long term damage. It also can powerfully reduce hair loss by penetrating hair roots and stimulating strong growth. It inhibits the male hormone that causes male pattern baldness as well. It also strengthens the hair shaft and adds nourishment to it, resulting in shiny and soft hair.
WE HAVE PRODUCTS THAT HARNESS THE GOODNESS OF COFFEE, SEE BELOW FOR MORE!
ANTIPODES WORSHIP SUPERFRUIT ANTIOXIDANT SERUM
A serum that boosts the natural radiance of the skin.
- Boysenberries and Blackcurrants
- Kiwi to defend the skin cells against oxidative stress
- Shots of Coffee Berry and Acai replenish the skin
- Waterbased formula
- Deep cleans and clarifies scalp
- Safe and gentle enough for color treated hair
- Contains Coffee Arabica
- made from organic coffee (that means toxin-free, babe)! caffeine helps to create microcirculation to target acne, scarring, stretch marks and cellulite (yup, coffee can do that!) plus, the grounds are fine enough to act as an incredible exfoliant
- sea salt & organic coconut sugar help to further wash away dead skin cells and reduce the appearance of puffiness
- organic sweet almond oil provides your skin with rich hydration, to leave it glowing and healthy.