- Jun 18, 2019
- 0 Comment(s)
Serums- The Cherry on Top
Maintaining a daily skin care routine is essential to promoting healthy skin. This routine, however, is almost incomplete without the use of a serum.
With a dazzling array of products available, it can be confusing and overwhelming adding one more product to a daily routine. Why are serums so highly recommended then?
Serums are skincare products that are specifically made up of smaller molecules which have the ability to get past the outer layer of the skin to penetrate deeply and revitalize skin. They are as highly concentrated as over the counter products can be and contain specialized active ingredients that work powerfully to produce targeted results. Most face creams have around 10% of active ingredients while serums can have a whopping 70% or more.
Serums are pure and potent products containing absolutely no fillers. Since they have to get past the outer layer of the skin to actually work, anything that can interfere with this is left out resulting in a highly concentrated and effective product. Most serums are also water-based resulting in an overall less oily feel and appearance. Even though serums are pricier than other products, they help you save money over time by giving you visible results and requiring only a small amount of product at every use.
There are a wide range of ingredients in serums, from ordinary to exotic. The more common ones are:
- Vitamic C – Available in our Multivitamin Potent PM Serum by 100% Pure®️, Vitamin C is a common ingredient for anti-ageing. It works by boosting collagen and elastin production which naturally declines as we age. This helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, crow feet and pre-mature aging.
- Hyaluronic acids – Available in our Brightening Serum by Grown Alchemist, hyaluronic acids provide maximum hydration to your skin improving its luminosity while redefining skin texture and appearance.
- Plant based active ingredients – Available in our Spot Serum by Meow Meow Tweet which is suspended in jojoba oil, plant based active ingredients tackle a range of skin issues like blemishes and spots.
- Antioxidants – Available in our Antioxidant Perfecting Serum by Patyka, antioxidants help combat damage caused by stress and environmental factors resulting in overall brighter, hydrated and less wrinkled skin.
- Retinols – Available in our Super Nova Serum by Joanna Vargas, retinols are particularly beneficial for skin prone to acne and breakouts, resulting in improved skin clarity, firmness and restoration of youthful vitality.
- Anti-inflammatory – Available in our Restorative Face Serum by Soapwalla, anti-inflammatory active ingredients are perfect for sensitive skin that is prone to redness and inflammation.
So if you haven’t already added serums to your skincare routine, we highly recommend you start now. They will immediately make a difference to the way your skin looks and feels. From our 100% Pure®️ Brightening Serum to our Grown Alchemist Detox Serum, we have a wide range of serums that will deliver targeted results to make a visible difference to what your skin needs.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SERUMS MENTIONED ABOVE? KEEP READING!
Multivitamin Potent PM Serum by 100% Pure®️
Multi-vitamin complex naturally brightens, supports collagen and elastin production, lessens the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and promotes firmness in skin. Essential, skin beneficial concentration of multi-vitamins work together to boost collagen production, lessen lines and wrinkles, and promote skin elasticity and firmness. Also beneficial for lightening age spots and scars, to brighten and balance skin tone.
- 10% Vitamin C: Boosts Collagen and Elastin production
- 10% Niacinamide: Reverses signs of aging; Brightens
- 10% Vitamin E: Restorative Antioxidant
- 1% Retinol: Lessens and prevents wrinkles; Firms skin
- 1% CoQ10: Boosts Collagen and Elastin production
Brightening Serum by Grown Alchemist
This highly efficacious formulation noticeably lightens and whitens facial skin targeting hyper pigmentation; un-even skin tone and age spots while improving skin radiance and luminosity.
- Phyto-Complex ingredients from Bearberry and Licorice along with cell communicating Tyrosinase Inhibitors from Rumex plant extract: Regulate skin pigmentation to noticeably whiten facial skin, visibly reduce age spots and sun damage pigmentation.
Hyaluronic Acid, Rose Extract and Phyto-Complex: actives firm facial skin, providing maximum hydration and skin luminosity while redefining
skin texture and appearance.
Spot Serum by Meow Meow Tweet
The powerful, plant-based way to clear skin. A powerhouse of organic essential oils, it discourages bacteria growth and combats blemishes.
Suspended in jojoba oil, known for its similarity to the skins own sebum, this handy roll-on is the perfect solution to stop blemish growth, or shrink and heal existing spots. Use at the first signs of tenderness and visibility to stop spots in their tracks. If used frequently throughout the day, you may find they wont surface at all!
Antioxidant Perfecting Serum by Patyka
This “perfect skin” serum is an antioxidant shield against everyday aggressors. Enriched with hyaluronic acid, it hydrates, oxygenates and plumps skin.
- Marine bio-complex: This phytoplankton provides skin with minerals and essential amino acids. It hydrates, smooths out skin texture and brightens the complexion to perfect the skin’s overall appearance.
- Date stone extract: Contains a wealth of anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-ageing and nutritious properties. Improves skin quality and works on the signs of stress, fatigue and cellular damage caused by free radicals.
- Pure plant hyaluronic acid: Creates a protective anti-dehydration film on the skin’s surface. Keeps moisture levels high over the long-term by retaining water in cells.
Super Nova Serum by Joanna Vargas
A multidimensional Retinol serum that visibly improves firmness, enhances clarity, and restores youthful vitality.
- APPLE FRUIT CELL CULTURE EXTRACT: Helps reverse signs of aging, increase the life of skin cells and stimulate new skin cell generation.
- SUMMER SNOWFLAKE FLOWER EXTRACT: Antioxidant skin lightener.
- PERSIAN SILK TREE EXTRACT: Anti-inflammatory, and helps prevent the aging of collagen. Detoxes skin for a rejuvenating glow.
- PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE: A retinol alternative that stimulates collagen and stabilizes skin cells, without side effects.