The benefits of Rice Flour
Traditionally used by Geishas to maintain their flawless porcelain skin and luscious hair, rice flour has a myriad of uses in beauty care. A humble bowl of rice flour has high contents of para aminobenzoic acid, ferulic acid and allantoin. These elements give it powerful properties that can be very easily used to repair and maintain beautiful skin and hair.
Rice Flour for skin care
The para aminobenzoic acid in rice flour makes it a good natural sunscreen. It protects the skin and hair from damage caused by UV rays. It soothes sunburn, reliving the pain and discomfort associated with it. It also works well at removing suntan due to the presence of amino acids and vitamins. It diminishes dark spots caused by sun exposure, repairs damaged skin cells, and overall ensures healthy, young, and flawless skin.
Its anti-inflammatory properties courtesy of its high allantoin content also help calm redness and acne while reducing breakouts. Rice flour is also germicidal and has antiseptic properties that combat the bacteria and germs that cause acne and breakouts. It also gently removes scarring caused by acne and breakouts, repairing the skin intensely.
Rich in antioxidants like ferulic acid, rice flour delays signs of aging and prevents fine lines and wrinkles. The amino acids present in rice flour also help tighten skin and reduce the visibility of pores. Rice flour increases the elasticity of skin, firms up sagging skin, and rejuvenates skin to leave it moisturized and youthful.
Rice flour is also a great cleanser and can be used very effectively as an exfoliator. The fine particles help remove dead skin cells, dirt, and grime while at the same time absorb excess oil and sebum resulting in deeply cleansed skin. It is also a useful remedy for removing dark circles as it helps firm up and brighten the delicate skin under your eyes while also providing a cooling effect to the eyes.
Rice Flour for your locks
Rice flour has excellent properties for scalp and hair health as well. Many Asian cultures owe their bountiful tresses to the nutritional benefits provided by rice, rice water, and rice flour. Being an excellent cleanser, rice flour helps maintain a clean and healthy scalp, riding it of product build up, excess oil, and anything that clogs the hair follicles leaving hair to grow feeling and healthily.
Rice flour also strengthens and smoothens hair, removing frizz as hair is left silky and smooth. It repairs damaged hair due to its high amino acid content working intensely to nourish the scalp and hair follicles. It also improves hair elasticity resulting in less breakage and hair loss.
As illustrated, this this simple staple food provided by Mother Nature can help us with so many of our beauty care needs.
SEE BELOW WHICH OF OUR PRODUCTS HAVE INCORPORATED RICE IN THEIR FORMULAS!
This ultra lightweight, loose, matte finish powder sets looks to last all day for a mattified complexion. Oil-absorbing Rice Powder helps keep you shine-free while looking flawless and silky smooth. Attached self-dispensing brush allows for easy, on-the-go application of the matte finish powder. Available in one shade: translucent.
Physical exfoliants adzuki bean & rice bran join forces with organic matcha green tea & clay, leaving skin soft, supple & radiant.
- Adzuki Bean: Touted as a Japanese beauty secret, ground adzuki beans gently buff away dull, rough skin.
- Green & White Clay: Natural detoxing agents, green & white clay work to extract impurities and leave the skin feeling soft & supple.
- Organic Rice Bran: Gentle natural physical exfoliant.
- Organic Oat Flower: Soothing oat flower provides the skin with natural antioxidants and helps aid in hydration.
- Organic Matcha Green Tea: Powerful natural antioxidant.
Increase moisture with a gentle cleansing shampoo. Crafted from extracts of aloe, pumpkin seed, shea butter and coconut oils purify and cleanse while orange flower oil uplifts the senses. This sulfate-free formula perfectly balances hair, leaving it healthy and full of body, without residue or dryness.
- Coconut and Rice Bran — a gentle (and softening) formula derived from coconut, rice bran and avocado oils delivers a very gentle sulfate-free cleansing.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil — a perfect ingredient for hair, provides a harmonizing and uplifting top note. It creates a therapeutic experience, increasing circulation and releasing tension and anxiety.
- Green Tea — high in antioxidants is a “miracle tea” has tremendous healing powers and anti-aging properties.