The Benefits of Turmeric
Popularly associated with Indian cuisine, turmeric is a flowering plant that belongs to the ginger family. It has been a part of traditional medicine for thousands of years and has long been touted for its ability to rejuvenate both skin and hair. So are these claims actually true and what benefits does turmeric have for beauty care?
Turmeric has many active compounds with its main component being curcumin. Curcumin gives turmeric its powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties making it a potent natural spice. It helps brighten skin, improves the complexion of skin, and rejuvenates dull-looking skin. It also has antiseptic properties which can help combat acne by preventing bacteria from spreading while anti-inflammatory properties reduce inflammation in the skin.
The healing properties of Turmeric
Turmeric also works against problems like hyperpigmentation and acne scarring. It helps reduce the production of excess melanin which helps even out skin tone and also reduces scars. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties also enable it to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. It works by improving the function of the skin cell membranes which not only prevent but also lighten stretch marks.
If you suffer from dry skin or even conditions like eczema or psoriasis, turmeric can be the all-natural ingredient that can turn your condition around. It removes dead skin cells while deeply hydrating and nourishing the skin to keep it smooth, soft, and supple. It helps revitalize the skin and its anti-inflammatory properties also help soothe eczema and psoriasis. Turmeric reduces under-eye bags, dark circles, and puffiness as well restoring a healthy and rejuvenated look.
In addition to its many benefits for skin, turmeric has also been strongly linked with ensuring an extremely healthy scalp and hair as well. This is mostly due to curcumin which has anti-fungal, anti-allergic, and antibacterial properties in addition to those already mentioned. These properties ensure that the scalp remains healthy by powerfully combating conditions like dandruff, scalp dryness, itchiness, and flakiness.
Turmeric and Hair Loss
Turmeric can also be your best friend if you suffer from hair loss. It inhibits the overproduction of DTH which is a hormone that is majorly responsible for hair loss. In addition to this ability, its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties can also help your body heal and recover from conditions that negatively impact hair follicles and scalp.
With many benefits for overall health as well, turmeric is a perfect botanical not just to add flavor to your food but to also give you the beautiful skin and hair that you crave.
SEE MORE BELOW FOR OUR PRODUCTS THAT INCORPORATES TURMERIC!
The salt bath helps to draw toxins and impurities from the body, while it works to neutralize odor-causing bacteria, all while soaking in a hot bath.
- Turmeric is known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties. It helps soothe muscles and joints.
- Turmeric is also anti-bacterial. It eliminates odor-causing bacteria from your smelly parts. This can be really helpful when making the switch to natural deodorant as the turmeric will help fight the odor-causing bacteria that is leaving you smelly.
- Turmeric is also known to increase circulation. This aids the body in ridding itself of built up toxins.
A skin brightening treatment concentrated with 50% vitamin C to support collagen and elastin production, for enhanced firmness and elasticity. Fruit enzymes, beet lactic acid, and fermented rice kojic acid gently peel away dullness and even skin tone, lessening the appearance of dark age spots. This revitalizing facial mask is designed to leave skin vibrant and glowing.
- CAMU CAMU EXTRACT: Rich in protective, anti-aging antioxidants like vitamin C
- ROSEHIP SEED OIL: Rosehip Seed Oil reduces dark spots and scars.
- TURMERIC EXTRACT: Turmeric Extract fights inflammation and brightens skin.
- VITAMIN B3: Vitamin B3 reduces blotchy skin and redness.
- VITAMIN C: Vitamin C brightens, boosts collagen and elastin production.
Brightens and refreshes skin by removing dull surface cells and debris to enhance the absorption of natural, effective brighteners. Features environmentally-friendly Jojoba Beads and modified cellulose for gentle exfoliation without stress to the skin. Helps promote the appearance of a more radiant, even complexion.
- Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract – Antioxidant-rich extract with healing, anti-inflammatory properties.
- Tyrostat (Rumex Occidentalis Extract) – A natural skin lightener that works by inhibiting melanin production by the tyrosinase enzyme.
- Lumiskin™ (Diacetyl Boldine) – A skin brightener that acts by stabilizing tyrosinase in its inactive form, decreasing the production of melanin.
- Kojic Dipalmitate (Kojic Acid) – Skin brightener that works by inhibiting tyrosinase-facilitated melanin production.
- Applephenon™ – A specialized extract of apple that is exceptionally high in procyanidin, a phytochemical with antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-melaninogenesis effects.
- Jojoba Esters – Smooth spheres that provide gentle emollient exfoliation and help deliver active ingredients directly to the skin.