- Feb 01, 2020
- 0 Comment(s)
What does Vitamin K do for you?
What does Vitamin K do for you?
Vitamins are essential to the health of our skin and hair. Ensuring you are not only consuming the required amount of different vitamins but also using them topically can help you achieve targeted results. This is possible since various vitamins bring different benefits to the table. Today we’ll take a look at vitamin K and the benefits of its topical application for skin.
Vitamin K is made up of 2 components – K1 and K2. While K1 is found in foods such as green leafy vegetables and cereal grains, K2 is found in fermented foods and animal products. The main function of Vitamin K is to aid the body’s process of blood clotting which in turn helps heal wounds, bruises, and areas affected by surgery.
This property makes it a potent vitamin to heal with skin conditions like stretch marks, varicose veins, scars, and dark spots. It supports the skin’s natural barrier function and hence promotes faster healing of cuts and bruises. It also improves the elasticity of blood vessels which reduces the aforementioned skin conditions.
The ability to boost the elasticity of blood vessels makes vitamin K useful in reducing puffiness and dark circles around the eyes. It increases circulation and reduces fluid retention in the under eye area. Vitamin K also boosts collagen production which improves the elasticity of both skin and hair. This results in increased skin and hair resilience with decreased signs of aging and breakage.
With its ability to boost blood circulation, Vitamin K works potently as an anti-inflammatory agent. It soothes redness and calms irritated skin. It increases the ability of your skin cells to retain hydration for longer. This helps restore moisture and softness to dry and damaged skin. This also helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Overall, vitamin K works powerfully to promote a beautiful and clear complexion.
SEE BELOW FOR SOME OF THE MOST POPULAR PRODUCTS ON OUR WEBSITE THAT USE VITAMIN K AS AN ACTIVE INGREDIENT!
100% PURE® MULTI-VITAMIN + ANTIOXIDANTS ULTRA RICHE PM TREATMENT
This ultra-rich evening cream is a multi-vitamin powerhouse. Formulated with correcting vitamin C and reparative vitamin A, this daily dose of nutrients works to repair daily damage of the skin overnight.
- Vitamin E - protects skin from free radicals and moisturizes skin, repairs and improves the appearance of damaged skin
- Vitamin A - increases cell turnover, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, helps smooth skin
- Vitamin B3 - helps with skin softness, evenness, brightness
- Vitamin B5 - as a humectant, it locks in moisture and helps plump skin while healing, soothing and helping with elasticity
- Vitamin C - helps brighten skin, helps with collagen production
- Vitamin D - strengthens/protects skin and locks in moisture
- Vitamin K - helps with dark circles and spider veins
The quickly absorbing formula works deeply in the skin to stimulate collagen and repair damaged cells while combating future damage and keeping eyes bright and firm. *Can be kept in the fridge for extra soothing and firming.
- Fights multiple factors of aging
- Provides environmental protection from free radical damage
- Firms skin and improves the look of lines
- Helps alleviate darkness and puffiness
The plant powered blend of Phyto Elastin, Organic Green Tea, Vitamin K, and Licorice Root diminish the look of blemishes, pigmentation, and fine lines leaving skin stronger and smoother. The creamy texture blends flawlessly into the skin to provide a potent cover up to areas that need more coverage.
A highly effective conditioner that is perfect for everyday use. It helps maintain and enhance a healthier shine, strengthening, disentangling, and softening while protecting the hair shaft.
- Contains Bush Tomato and Vitamin C rich in serine and lycopene to disentangle and increase the manageability of the hair, aid in styling and leave hair soft and supple. vitamins A and K from black pepper deliver antioxidants increasing circulation and conditioning the scalp.
- Polyphenols from green tea maintain a healthy shine providing rich Antioxidants.
- Bisabolol from chamomile helps soothe and accelerate the treatment of damaged hair. lavender and myrtle extracts keep the hair moisturized protecting the hair shaft against drying.