What is Zinc Oxide used for?
Zinc Oxide is a popular ingredient in many cosmetics even if you haven’t heard of it. While zinc is naturally occurring and is extremely important for skincare with 6 times more of the mineral concentrated in the top layers of skin than lower layers, zinc oxide is made by chemically heating zinc and combining it with oxygen molecules. So why exactly is zinc oxide so popular for beauty care?
Zinc Oxide Sun protection
Zinc oxide is known to have strong anti-inflammatory properties which can help soothe skin suffering from rashes, eczema, irritations, and even sunburn. Its most popular use though is as a sunscreen since it provides broad spectrum sun protection from both UVA and UVB radiation. It forms a protective layer on the skin and reflects and absorbs harmful UV radiation so they can’t reach your skin and cause damage.
Is zinc oxide good or bad for your skin?
Zinc oxide powerfully protects the skin’s lipids and fibroblasts which are cells that make collagen. This enables your skin to retain its elasticity and support structure thereby preventing premature aging and formation of wrinkles. Zinc Oxide is also extremely useful in the seemingly never ending fight against acne and breakouts due to its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. An effective astringent, it not only shrinks enlarged pores to tighten the appearance of skin; it also regulates sebum production and dries up excess oil.
Zinc Oxide for Dandruff
Zinc Oxide’s properties also help ensure great scalp and hair health. It is well known to eliminate dandruff, making it a key ingredient in many anti-dandruff shampoos. It works by controlling the growth of bacteria and fungus while also reducing the excess oil that this bacteria/fungus feed on. Its anti-inflammatory properties also help calm the dryness, itchiness and irritation that are caused by dandruff or any other scalp conditions.
While paving the way for a clean and healthy scalp, zinc oxide is also known to stimulate hair growth. It strengthens hair follicles and also protects hair from UV damage by forming a protective layer. Topical application is also linked to a significant reduction in hair loss.
THE BENEFITS OF ZINC OXIDE ARE MANY, SEE BELOW FOR OUR PRODUCTS THAT MAKE USE OF ITS BENEFITS!
The Perfect Sunscreen™ is a 100 percent natural, proprietary formula that’s enriched with botanicals to hydrate while it protects.
- Micronized Non-Nanoparticle Zinc Oxide And Titanium Dioxide: Provide effective, broad spectrum SPF 30 protection without leaving a white cast.
- Natural Mica Tint: subtly evens skin tone.
- Aloe Vera: Soothes sun-drenched skin.
- Grape Seed and Rice Bran Oil: Hydrate and condition skin.
Mineral SPF 50 sunscreen lotion designed for babies' delicate skin.
- Zinc Oxide - 4.3%
- Titanium Dioxide - 7.3%
- 70%+ certified organic ingredients
- Pediatrician tested
- For babies six months and older
- Broad spectrum SPF 50
- Non-nano Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide
- Water resistant (80 minutes)
- Fragrance free
- Paraben free
- Preservative free
- TSA-compliant size
- Reef Safe
An organic blend of powders including Aloe Vera with light essential oils of Rosemary and Thyme.
- Hibiscus Flower Extract acts as an antioxidant to the skin
- non-nano zinc oxide provides SPF 20 protectio
- fine pearl pigment offers light reflecting properties that brings a luminosity to the skin.
- Powdered Aloe Leaf Extract is full of minerals and vitamins to help keep skin looking soft and supple
- Gluten free
- Against Animal Testing